mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tokul East Trail work update...

I just wanted to give you a quick update that today I finished clearing BandWagon, Dodgeball and Safety First. Should be in great shape if you're up there this weekend.
    Some of the drainages still need to be opened but not to worry about that until rain gets closer. I'm sure there will be more leaves in a couple weeks to blow off too.

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Thanks for getting after it Mike!
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

Moist and Delicious
    You're the man. Thanks!
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member

Re: Tokul East Trail work update...

Good work is good news.

:thumbsup

mtbr member
    Rode it today along with FT and Mid-town. Looking good! Thanks! Also rode Gun Range through the clear-cut. Rideable but still like running the gauntlet with all the black berries.

FYI - I can't believe it's still there but there is a blackberry vine at eye level hanging just after the first small drop on FT3K (just before the half-pipe section). It's a face-ripper that's hung on for 3 months now. I would have grabbed and broke it but it hits you in the air off the drop. No time to think.

Also, had the full-face on today and dropped my goggles somewhere between Safety First and FT3K road. Would be much obliged if anyone snagged and delivered. Blue/Smith Optics. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Ride Ivan or KGB?
    We rode Tiger yesterday (best October conditions EVER!) and plan to ride TE this coming weekend.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Justin Vander Pol
    Thanks for all the work out there, Mike. We'll be organizing a couple Tokul E trail days to get Flowtron fixed up and maybe even get Last Frontier one step further along. The ground needs to be a lot wetter before we buff out Flowtron, so still waiting for the nasty weather to arrive before we get motivated.

Rode up Tokul E to golden spike and then did the fun west loop. Great ride, and it's running perfect. Was in the clouds, so maybe shoulda done Tiger to get some sun.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Rode both east and west (finally found my way through golden spike and etc) Saturday. Place is in tip top shape. Flowtron has really changed a lot since last time I rode it before the clear cut. Definitely more tech and fun but not sure I'd take my wife on it since it's gotten quite a bit loose and rocky.

mtbr member
    BTW, does anyone know if I can buy a 2014 permit for Tokul? I want to start riding there, but I don't know if I buy a permit now, then is that only good for 2 months (basically the remainder of 2013)
    Just get out and ride!

Just roll it......
    Ahh, Safety First....I remember when we just rode the logging road down to Gun Range!

Thanks Mike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by traffic002 View Post
    BTW, does anyone know if I can buy a 2014 permit for Tokul? I want to start riding there, but I don't know if I buy a permit now, then is that only good for 2 months (basically the remainder of 2013)
    Pretty sure the Permits run January 1st to January 1st still. Unless you're going to go more than 5 times, might just be worth getting a couple day passes.

Speaking of, has anyone every been asked to show their permit? I've never seen anyone checking at either East or West in all the times I've been out this year. Not saying people shouldn't buy a pass, just curious if it's even being actively enforced.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

Justin Vander Pol
    I was out on a recon ride with a few guys and we were asked to show our permits. It wasn't at the Tokul area, but it does happen.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

EMBA Member
    I was talking to some horsemen in tokul west who warned me about the guy in the truck that just asked them for their passes, which they didn't have. That was back in April or May I think.

mtbr member
    Good to hear that they are enforcing it, I'd hate to be the one of the few actually buying a pass if no one else is.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tokul East Trail work update...

Glad you all are able to enjoy some of those trails. :-)

I was hoping to get up there yesterday to finish them up but had a sick kid at home.

Juice and Evergreen are also doing a ton behind the scenes work with Hancock in keeping up the good relationship so we can still ride up there. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Ride Ivan or KGB?
    We rode Tiger yesterday (best October conditions EVER!) and plan to ride TE this coming weekend.
    We rode upper Ivan and Mid town. Couple of skid-trenches on Midtown but everything else was minty.

mtbr member
    Is Lower Ivan part of the area that will be logged this winter? That trail is one of my favorites out there.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    May 2004
    There is a map floating around which I believe has already been published here on the WA forum page that shows most of Ivan, KGB, and Mid Town being logged this winter...

jtd
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    There is a map floating around which I believe has already been published here on the WA forum page that shows most of Ivan, KGB, and Mid Town being logged this winter...
    I did a really quick overlay a few months back of the logging map (light green is the logged area) and the Strava trail tracking screenshot. See pic below: It appears Upper Ivan (G) and KGB (not shown) will be logged for sure. Midtown (F) is basically directly on the eastern edge of the boundary so it is hard to say what will actually happen there. Lower Ivan seems safe for now.

Name:  Toku East logging overlay.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  115.0 KB

mtbr member
    Would be great if they moved a couple yards West and kept midtown unscathed.