Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I say they both add up to make a whole. Not too many miles on the East side. And I'm curious to see how the new trail holds up to all the traffic it's getting.

BBQ - I like the PR idea, plus I have another idea in that area that might get more easterlies over.

Lynch - I'd be glad to show you around next Sunday,and give you a run down on what we are planning.

And Agate, put those kitties down and ride

mtbr member
    It's not the kittens, it's everything else happening at once right now. I probably have time on Sunday, assuming I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Is there a way to pay for a day pass in the parking lot?
    And how much are they these days? (I'm way too lazy to go looking all of this stuff up)

mtbr member
    $45 for a season pass, $8 for a day pass.

No you can not buy one at the lot.

mtbr member
    If you know the trails on the East side, you can easly get 15+ miles without repeating anything and a TON of climbing. My buddies and I really enjoy the "pucker factor" you get on the east side trails. It's some of the best around if you want steep and fast with drops and jumps.

I've only rode West once and I did a loop that Bob had given me. It seemed like it would be better suited for my HT 29er, but I could be wrong, I remember Outback and a few other trails were a lot of fun.

I do want to go back there soon and ride it again. At least 2 rides a month we do on our 29er HTs, so we dont mind XC type rides at all. Bottom line is we just like to get away from the wives and kids for a few hours and have fun!

mtbr member
    I found out from a builder that the new Tokul East trail in the video is called "Midtown".

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thanks. Need to get out there and ride that. I've heard many "pucker factor" comments about Full Bench.

Bwahahahahaha!

mtbr member
    It's got some" full bench" like hair pins but tighter and with a good elevation drop to them

mtbr member
    I just watched the video of "full bench" and it looks pretty cool!

mtbr member
    I have never ridden at Tokul, East or West but watching the videos makes me want to try East out some time. Does anybody have any gps maps of all the good trails? I found one on line of Flowtron and Last Frontier but would like one of Crazy Ivan and the new trail, Midtown.

Mark

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Shouldn't your official hancock permit entitle you to a map of current trails?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hehehe. That would mean that they would have to know where they all are....

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mark747 View Post
    Does anybody have any gps maps of all the good trails? I found one on line of Flowtron and Last Frontier but would like one of Crazy Ivan and the new trail, Midtown. Mark
    I second this! I'd be willing to show up for a few build days if someone would take it upon themselves to post an updated trail map.

Frankly I'd like to show up for some build days regardless. Rode East for the first time ever today and it was awesome! Huge props to the builders

Didn't really know where I was going that well, but managed to find Flowtron, and then hit Ivan and Midtown (I think- both of them were very steep and went all the way to the SVT), and another short but pretty cool trail West of Flowtron (not Frontier, back in the uncut forest).

Would be nice to know where I am and what's out there. But if no maps are forthcoming, I'll just keep riding there and figure it out. Great winter spot when Duthie get boring.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nsteele View Post
    and another short but pretty cool trail West of Flowtron (not Frontier, back in the uncut forest).
    If it was between Ivan and Last Frontier/Flowtron, that was probably the OGDH.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Cool. Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Trail:Tokul West - Evergreen Trail Guide

There's a map here that should be good enough to get you by. Logging and some new trails that are not on the map yet are the only differences... Pretty minor though. Especially on the west side. Then, there's GS which connects across the back from just left of the top of the East road climb to Bon Bon in the West.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Yeah, that map works OK. It's great for West, but names on more of the East trails would be helpful.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004

New work on FT

It's great to see TKE starting to feel more like the old days again. Heads up that the gnomes were up on FT over the holiday to add a couple of berms and some medium-spicy salsa towards the top (aka Newtron). More pumpage to come...

The diving board drop is also now hittable in full effect! It's on Flowtron proper at about the 4th right hand corner. We need to groom the run-in a bit, but it's an easy, walking-speed drop to steep tranny.

mtbr member
    How big is that drop? I saw it when we were ripping by. It looked like a 6ft+ to steep tranny. The "ramp" was covered in ice/frost so it looked pretty sketching Sunday morning. I plan of on testing it out real soon though!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I'd call it an honest 4', but it's closer to 5-6' at the landing.

GPhroh's description of the approach is perfect. Just stay up on the outside edge of the previous corner, walking speed, let go of the brakes at the corner exit 2-3' before hitting wood. Walking speed approach, let go of the brakes on dirt and you'll be jogging speed off the end.

It's 29'er hardtail certified, fwiw

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    How big is that drop? I saw it when we were ripping by. It looked like a 6ft+ to steep tranny. The "ramp" was covered in ice/frost so it looked pretty sketching Sunday morning. I plan of on testing it out real soon though!
    Damn...we must have just missed you guys on Sunday. Probably didn't make it out until about 11.

Yeah, it was weird out there on Sunday/Monday. With the inversion layer, it had to have been in the high 50s out in the sun; but all of the shaded north-facing sides of the FT ravine had frost on them all day.

The plank looks slippery; but it's cedar so it's pretty grippy. The drop looks a lot gnarlier than it is -- might be 6ft, depending on your speed; but super-buttery. First time I hit it, I just got myself around the corner onto the plank -- probably almost at a dead stop -- then let go of the brakes and rolled off. Nothing to it! Smoother than the first two step-downs on KGB...

mtbr member
    Sweet! I'll have to hit it next time I'm up there. It looked pretty sweet, but we got to it at sunrise and it was still cold and icy out.

mtbr member
    We got back to the cars at 11ish and a bunch of guys were gearing up and heading up. Maybe we saw each other and didnt even know!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    KGB could use some major love. Ended up putting a stick through my wheel Sunday. Rode around chainless which was surprisngly pretty fun!
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad III

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"

Group Hug Participant
    [QUOTE=FM;10102847]I'd call it an honest 4', but it's closer to 5-6' at the landing.

GPhroh's description of the approach is perfect. Just stay up on the outside edge of the previous corner, walking speed, let go of the brakes at the corner exit 2-3' before hitting wood. Walking speed approach, let go of the brakes on dirt and you'll be jogging speed off the end.

It's 29'er hardtail certified, fwiw [/QUOTE

Strava freaks need not apply.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast