Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tokul East RR

mtbr member

Tokul East RR

HIt it in between storms Saturday. At least 5 major water bars on first road climb up from SVT. Most required dismount as the dirt was so soft. Safety First was primo. Did two Flowtron runs. Much better than the last time I tried it in July. I didn't clean the whole run as their are several sections you just can't brake on and make it to the top. When it's hardpack it won't be a problem and will be better than the old trail.

Otherwise, it's not for noobs but definitely rideable. Not sure if the builders want anyone on it yet but it seems to be packing down nicely and the views are da bomb.

Didn't ride Ivan as we heard it was being logged and ran out of time. The exit trail at the bottom was sweet as usual.

Maybe one puddle all day. Tokul is the best for winter/wet riding.

Justin Vander Pol
    We were out Sunday working on Flowtron. It's ok to ride it, but there's still major work happening. 2 more corners need to be fixed (pulled higher), lots of buffing, and 2 corners to reroute on Neutron. The goal is to make it so you can ride it without pedaling just like before.

We had a good crew out building. Super cool that a guy named Dan was riding, and stopped to help us build for a couple hours. Stuff like that just plain rocks!

Crazy Ivan shouldn't be ridden right now. It goes onto some non-Hancock land, and the owners have asked us to not go on to their land. We'll re-route the section of trail (with Hancock's permission) as soon as Flowtron is fixed.

The Tokul E builders are splitting time between getting these trails going again and helping the Evergreen building on Silent Swamp Squatch at Tiger.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    1) The "Tokul E Builders" are just awesome dudes in all ways.

2) The "Tokul E Builders" need a brand name like Dirtcorp. How about the Flow-Bros!

ride your bike
    Bazza and the riblets.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
    1) The "Tokul E Builders" are just awesome dudes in all ways.

2) The "Tokul E Builders" need a brand name like Dirtcorp. How about the Flow-Bros!
    Oh...we have a brand....

Justin Vander Pol
    Quote Originally Posted by GeePhroh View Post
    Oh...we have a brand....
    We have a name, the HLC. The brand... that's a bit messier and more complicated, full of contradictions and splinter factions. Kind of a movement, but built around no particular ideology except building great trails and enjoying the ride with some merrymaking thrown in for good measure.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

Learning to Fly
    Mar 2008
    They need a brand-aid, fur-shur : )

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Just skyping in from my recumbent technology center!

THANK YOU TOKUL E BUILDERS!!!!!!

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004

How's this for branding?

HLC Represent.

ride your bike
    Mmmm. Frosting.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Grandmas like frosting
    Last edited by FM; 10-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I was out there Monday morning, walked lower trails abit. They have plowed a new logging road that snakes under the large gravel pit area back towards the power lines. That was the only new activity I could see on the western side of Tokul E. Cleaned a few of the drainages out, amazing how ridable it looked even with the rain we have had.

Interesting to see what becomes of the east side after their 2nd round of logging.
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad III

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Thanks for all the work guys! I am really happy to hear upper Ivan is going to be re-routed. If you need any help with that in January I have some time, IM me if you are recruiting some workers.

mtbr member
    Oh yea, tukul is coming back to life! !

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Is upper Ivan geeting rerouted or just the trail that leads to it from the powerlines? Is KGB on private land?

We rode Ivan last week and it was in perfect shape. KGB wasnt in great shape though. Lots of branches and leaves but it was still fun.

There is so much land out there it shouldnt to hard to move trails and make it all legal riding.

mtbr member
    Mr Lynch,

You are a great advocate and I'm sure one day I will enjoy biking with you.
    I'm struggling with my normal normal crew lately (slackers)and want to ride tokul soon. We have not been there in over a year.

I loved your recent video and if Ivan and kgb are in tact, I'm in!

Thank you for all you do,

I'm also aware and sometimes ride the worms...

Jeff

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I will be in Whistler this coming week, but we will be riding Tokul the following week. It is one of our favorite winter ride spots.

Last time at Tokul we took the skidder rode up to the pump track. That is a pretty steep climb up, but im glad we found a "backdoor" into that upper ridge area.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    No responses? Yeah, Ivan is getting re-routed I believe and EB mentioned an option to bypass now via the old skid road. Looking forward to some refined FT3K tomorrow as well as a pass across GS and back. That said, how many out there are using GS and if so, any interested in making it better now that it seems to get more traffic?

mtbr member
    Is there a relatively up to date map with what trails are still rideable since the logging? The only map I have doesn't have trail names, so I never know which trails you guys are talking about there (other than F3k).

Is Ivan the one that goes from the power line towers all the way to the SVT?
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nope. Just the one on the EMBA site for now. GS (Golden Spike) is the connector across the back from East to West. Thus the name...

Yes, that's CI. KGB is a short loop off that.

I assume that the map will get re-done in 2013 with hopefully more support from Hancock to the users out there. Beaver Pond is the only trail getting logged in West and that will get re-built right after as well as a new connector to add more trail and less road over there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    No responses? Yeah, Ivan is getting re-routed I believe and EB mentioned an option to bypass now via the old skid road. Looking forward to some refined FT3K tomorrow as well as a pass across GS and back. That said, how many out there are using GS and if so, any interested in making it better now that it seems to get more traffic?
    I probably rode GS about 5-7 times last year and will do same this year. Seemed to be in really good shape in the Fall.

My dream would be a connector in the middle of GS over to the top of CI. Then you could finish with lengthy single track from East or West. No idea if that's feasible. If not that, build a reroute that avoids going so steeply into the drainage when traversing to the top of CI from the end of GS.

BTW, the Ivan reroute is our new favorite trail.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Navigator, There sort of is a way over but you still have the gully to cross to the power lines or sneak around Rancho Relaxo at the top.

West was in really good shape today. Slop, ACREE, and I started over there and went up Beaver Pond one last time before the logging and then across the Middle and back via Poopy D which was new for ACREE and in great shape too. Good to see it getting use. Outback to UOB and across GS to East and down FT3K and over to the OGDH out, Lots of riders in East and not a lot in West per usual. Ran into Mutton a couple times which is always good. Nice start to the year.

mtbr member
    I ended up out there also this afternoon. Never seen the parking lot that packed. Hit FT3k and CI reroute in about an hour and twenty. Not bad for post new-years hangover ride. FT was a little slick from the frost melt but still in great shape.

Is there a name for the new Ivan trail(s)?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Are you refering to the reroute down the old logging road from the top?

It has the 2 water bars on the top, a few berms witht he moguls, then under a suspended log?

I named that chunk T-38.
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad III

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Hi - So there is the new trail that starts at the private land owners no trespassing signs on upper Crazy Ivan, that cuts down to the horse trail (that is now a road). Then the trail behind the bluff goes to the entrance of lower Crazy Ivan. That is what I have been able to find. Is there another re-route at the no trespassing signs that links up the rest of Upper Ivan? That area from the land owners to the pump track is a fun section. It seems there is about 500 Yards of private property, and then it becomes Hancock again over by the pump track I think. Is there a way to get to the Pumptrack and KGB without pushing up the steep part of Upper CI?

Also - That new road means logging. Is Crazy Ivan/KGB going away sooner than later?

Thanks,

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast