Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tokul East RR

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mnaselow View Post
    Hi - So there is the new trail that starts at the private land owners no trespassing signs on upper Crazy Ivan, that cuts down to the horse trail (that is now a road).
    That's Randall/Minefield. It has three sections:

- The top starts from the no trespassing signs off the old Ivan XC. It drops down on to the fireroad.

- To reach the middle section, take a left after exiting the top and go up the fireroad about 50 feet. The singletrack climbs up the hill and heads left for a bit, before turning back to the right and descending steeply. There's a final short climb followed by a couple of steep switchbacks down to the road (which is the continuation of the old horse trail up from the SVT).

- The lower section is just across the road and drops through some gnarly steeps all the way to the rail grade.

Then the trail behind the bluff goes to the entrance of lower Crazy Ivan. That is what I have been able to find. Is there another re-route at the no trespassing signs that links up the rest of Upper Ivan? That area from the land owners to the pump track is a fun section. It seems there is about 500 Yards of private property, and then it becomes Hancock again over by the pump track I think. Is there a way to get to the Pumptrack and KGB without pushing up the steep part of Upper CI?
    Instead of taking the trail down to Lower Ivan from the top of the old gravel pit (the bluff), head up the decomm'ed fireroad that shoots up to the right. It's the unnamed trail that someone else was talking about in an earlier response on this thread.

Some of the builders have been talking about building a reroute for Ivan XC that stays inside the Hancock property boundary. Depends on how many other projects we have going as well as the location/timing of the harvest in that zone.

Also - That new road means logging. Is Crazy Ivan/KGB going away sooner than later?
    Yep. But not immediately as far as we've heard.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    That's crested newt territory, you need a separate permit

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Awesome - Thx GeePhroh

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Trail name

I've heard people call the off shoot trail on the
    Way to crazy Ivan Minefield or Randall's.
    The real name is MidTown. I am one of the co-builders
    It was punched in late 2011 and continues to improve.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandal667 View Post
    I've heard people call the off shoot trail on the
    Way to crazy Ivan Minefield or Randall's.
    The real name is MidTown. I am one of the co-builders
    It was punched in late 2011 and continues to improve.
    Cool -- MidTown it is!

Nice work, btw...getting better and better. The new work towards the bottom of the middle section is starting to bed in pretty well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2