Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Tokul east permit?

What is this I hear about needing a high dollar pass to ride up at tokul east starting january first?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yep. 75 bucks a year. Check the Hancock Forest Management sticky on the Wa Forum just a couple lines up from this post. Also includes the Tokul West section as well as some of Moss Lake... Fish and Game will be hired to drive around and check for permits...

mtbr member
    Fish and game will be chasing you down FT3 to check your pass.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    Fish and game will be chasing you down FT3 to check your pass.
    It could happen. A couple of the Snohomish County Park Rangers are Mountain Bikers. In fact one of them rides out at Duthie quite a bit (in addition to Paradise Valley). He tells me that he is partial to "Ryan's Eternal Flow". I'm guessing he could keep up with many of us on FT3...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hehehe. That would be pretty funny. I wonder what the after chase youtube posts would look like after they ran home and downloaded their GoPro videos....

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Hehehe. That would be pretty funny. I wonder what the after chase youtube posts would look like after they ran home and downloaded their GoPro videos....
    Something like this

mtbr member
    OK, then how about this, have a pass, let them chase you down FT3 and at the bottom show him your pass and smile while asking "care to ride back up with me?"

mtbr member
    I want to see them chase some people down Crazy Ivan or KGB. That would be interesting!

I didn't do it
    Fish and Game will be hired to drive around and check for permits...
    I was looking around for some info on this and couldn't find any. Is it really true that the Fish and Game folks will be patrolling Tokul (or is my sarcasm detector broken)? That seems odd. Shouldn't they be out enforcing fish and game laws on State managed land? Is this even their jurisdiction? Could you post a link on this?

Thanks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post
    I was looking around for some info on this and couldn't find any. Is it really true that the Fish and Game folks will be patrolling Tokul (or is my sarcasm detector broken)? That seems odd. Shouldn't they be out enforcing fish and game laws on State managed land? Is this even their jurisdiction? Could you post a link on this?

Thanks
    It's out there someplace. I've read it at least twice now. Hancock is paying F&G to patrol like they already do in places for hunting and fishing permits. Probably off duty guys and gals making extra money.

mtbr member
    Probably off duty guys and gals making extra money.
    Yea, like $75 a day.

mtbr member
    I sent a email to WDFW to see if it was true but they havent sent me a reply. The ranger at mud mtn.(army corps of engeners) told me they( Hancock secerity)cant do anything but tell you to leave unless they are real on duty cops.I would think that would be the sheriffs job not fish & wildlife.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by nwbikur View Post

Thanks
    Probably just a rumor started by Borneo.

I think they do have jurisdiction on Hancock land though. For example, Hancock allows hunting, but that still follows rules set by fish and game.

I didn't do it
    Right, I'm sure they could certainly enforce fish and game regulations out there. I'm not so sure that when working for the state they have any jurisdiction on trespassing, so hiring off duty guys-sure. At the end of the day I really don't see how enforcement is going to work out there. I just can't imagine that there are going to be security dudes roaming around in trucks or on bikes looking for violators. I suppose there could be a presence in the first month or two but sustained enforcement? Not so sure about that.

By the way, I'm not suggesting anything, just thinking "out loud."

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Fish and Game officers are fully commissioned peace officers, able to enforce all the laws of the state.

mtbr member
    Who owns the place where we park off of 356th? Would they just ticket the cars there?

I didn't do it
    I'm pretty sure that must be county land, or if not there's some sort of use easement or agreement. At any rate it's not Hancock managed. The SVT is a public trail so I'm assuming there's no issue with the lot. So I don't think you'll have to worry about getting hassled by the rent a cops in the parking lot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    Who owns the place where we park off of 356th? Would they just ticket the cars there?

that is state or county property. so no. they can not enforce the lot. That is one reason why they (Hancock) will not have a car pass, rather a user pass that you will have to carry with you.

Squeaky Wheel
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    that is state or county property. so no. they can not enforce the lot. That is one reason why they (Hancock) will not have a car pass, rather a user pass that you will have to carry with you.
    According to the King County parcel viewer that lot is owned by King County.

NW MTBER

ticket?

So, if it is PRIVATE land how will you get a "ticket" from the state or the county? Nonetheless from an off duty game warden? Off duty game warden can still write tickets? Doesn't make any sense to me. Trespass you from their land maybe. But a ticket? I know ski resorts can enforce some laws. What will they do, hold your bike and not let you ride off until the cops get there? The whole thing is just stupid. Someone enlighten me...
    Ibis Mojo HDR 650b
    Ibis Mojo SL
    Maverick Durance

I didn't do it
    I'm not advocating any action and I'm not planning on going out to Tokul anymore.

However if I were out there and confronted by somebody other than a badge carrying, sworn officer of the city, county or state, I would simply and politely turn around and pedal away. Private security guards really don't have any authority over anybody. They can't issue tickets. I suppose they could make a citizen's arrest but I really don't see things escalating to that point. Confiscating your bike?-No way Jose.

But since we're not allowed there this is all a moot point.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I'm with a lot of others here. I don't see how enforcement will work. It's too easy to just hop on a trail and ride away. I'm sure they might hire some that are mountain bikers but it just seems strange or something. I could see maybe running into somebody in the first couple fire roads but who would really hike around up into Ivan or KGB, there's just wayy too much terrain to cover to catch everybody. Not to mention that they wouldn't be stupid enough to jump in your way coming down a trail since that runs the risk of serious injury to both parties. I haven't quite decided what I'm gonna do yet, I like tokul a lot so in a way I may just pay to ride as sort of a "just in case" thing

mtbr member
    I noticed the 356th lot was full today.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Interesting Jimba... Though you "can" park there and ride non-Hancock property.

My guess is the majority are just gonna push their luck and see what happens.

Waiting for the first, "So, I ran into this F&G guy out there and..." post.

mtbr member
    True about the parking, I did see 3 bikes heading out to East, I had a good view.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast