Dream Design Dig Repeat

Tokul East - logging planned

Hi Everyone -

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance has been notified that the Crazy Ivan zone of Tokul East is going to be logged soon. I am working via Evergreen with Hancock (the land owner) to get more details on when the logging will occur.

The trails affected appear to be parts of Crazy Ivan, KGB and Midtown. So go enjoy them before they're logged.

I will be meeting onsite with a forester from Hancock to get an understanding of the logging plans, exact timeline, and steps they're willing to take to minimize impact to the trails.

Hancock recently logged Beaver Pond at Tokul West. They worked with bikers (specifically Peter aka Slop) and Beaver Pond will be much easier to rebuild because of the efforts. We're hoping for something similar in the Crazy Ivan zone.

Hancock has turned this area from a "gray zone" into a legitimate riding area. Even as they log certain parcels, the opportunity for Evergreen and mountain bikers to work with Hancock to build new trails and riding areas is huge. We're working with them on some bigger ideas for parts of the forest that could result in some amazing new trails.

I'll get more information posted as I learn more about the logging plans.

Update: The area is slated to be logged sometime during the 2013/2014 winter. Timelines are subject to change.

Thanks,
    Justin Vander Pol
    Last edited by juice; 03-06-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: update logging timeline
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Word got around really fast today. I guess I would have lost the bet as to when something would get posted. (I was thinking at least tomorrow...)

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Tokul East - logging planned

Borneo...you owe me a beer. ;-)

Cheers,
    Mike

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    I just got off the phone with a forester from Hancock. I'm really impressed with how willing they are to work with us on trail issues!

The logging of the Crazy Ivan zone is most likely to happen sometime next winter. Timelines aren't exact, but it won't happen in the next few months. So the logging is not going to be immediate and we have 9-12 months to enjoy the 3 trails that will be impacted by logging.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    May 2004

nice!

NICE! The buffing up of Ivan and KGB will be enjoyed for more than a couple weeks!
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad III

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"