Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Tokul East

2K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  innovator8 
#1 ·
So how is the Flowtron riding these days? I'm thinking of getting a day pass and taking a few laps this Wednesday evening.

Has anyone been playing around up there and willing to give a trail report?

thanks,

Jeff

#2 ·
Flowtron is barely ridable yet. Last Frontier hasnt been cleared. I believe Safety / Gun Range are ridable and CI and trails to the E of the power lines are going.

The trail was reclaimed after logging but it turned out to be a ton of work and didnt get completed before summer. the HLC and associates are riding and working on the new trail on Tiger (which I encourage everyone to help on) until the end of the summer.

Once there is some moisture in the ground we will back at TKE.

#4 ·
Thanks,

Our normal route in years past was crazy ivan, and sometime back up to go down kgb then hit flowtron a couple of times, it sounds like the we will be able to crazy ivan and kgb, so that will be worth it.

And there was that other trail, I have never known the name of it but it started near the first switch back going up the steeper route via the power lines, it had a really fun steep section and dumped you out further up the road from where the crazy ivan dumps you out on the access road.

Are you familar with this trail? Do you know if it is still ok?

thanks,

Jeff

#3 ·
We rode Flowtron last Wednesday. It is clear top to bottom, but not very ridable yet. It needs some moisture and then some traffic to pack in and "flow" again. A lot of work has been put in to clear it though and a big thumbs up to those who are making it happen!

#5 ·
KGB and Crazy Ivan are in great shape, just really dry and dusty. The other trail you speak of I believe is called Mud Creek, but I could be wrong. We always end our Tokul rides with that one, and it is in perfect shape too. That was everyone's favorite trail of the ride Wednesday. I love the drop 3/4 of the way down off the fallen tree.

#7 ·
Yeah, I've always heard it called the OGDH but I have seen at least 2-3 other typed names for the trail in the past couple years. There is another option with some switchbacks just to the left (heading down) of that which I believe was also spared nad is a decent option when it's super dry and loose on the OGDH. Ties into that trail about 100 yards from the SVT. May have to catch that after the first half now due to the Weyco logging down there.

#17 ·
No "fuzz" sightings since the Juice debacle chronicled here that I know of and that was months ago. Rode West yesterday afternoon and saw no one at all in fact in 3+ hours of riding. Trails all over are getting a bit loose and dusty though. OGDH is not exempt to that. Especially on the steeper sections.

Worth noting since some are not aware, all the trails on the north side of Last Frontier are all still there. Just Tetherball, FT3K, and Last Frontier are missing from the map for now.

As for the day pass, just follow the links on the web site. Looks pretty simple...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.