Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Justin Vander Pol
    Reputation: juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,416

    Tokul E Road Q - info needed today

    Has anyone recently ridden the road segments circled in red at Tokul E? I need to get some trail tools into Tokul, but not sure if it's passable via via car. Evergreen has a gate key as a part of our blossoming partnership with Hancock.

    Are the red segments driveable, tank trapped or gated? Our friends at King Co. didn't know if it was passable.

    Thanks!
    Justin

    Name:  Tokul road zoom.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  74.4 KB
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    51

    Flowtron Road Q - info needed today

    I am about 75% sure there is a gate on the section that is circled vertically. IIRC the road above and parallel to the bottom circled section is the single track thru a couple small streams. If I'm right then I'm pretty positive that gate exists like I said.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    51

    Tokul E Road Q - info needed today

    I would like a copy of your map though

  4. #4
    EMBA Member
    Reputation: Ladmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,712
    Quote Originally Posted by breaks911 View Post
    I would like a copy of your map though
    Looks like a piece of this map, which is the best/most up to date Tokul East map available as far as I know.

    Tokul E Road Q - info needed today-tokul.jpg

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    51

    Tokul E Road Q - info needed today

    Gracias

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    678
    I'm wondering why you would need to drive in there to work on any trails in Tokul East. AFAIK, that is Weyerhauser land and it is closed for at least another couple of years in their 5 years of closure after logging it. The trails that were there would be bootleg poaches now. You need to go in via the Hancock gate off of Tokul Road above Snoqualmie Falls anyway and use the roads from the north to get to Flowtron.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

  7. #7
    Justin Vander Pol
    Reputation: juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like we need to carry our huge cache of new tools in by hand to Ivan. Ugh, that'll be several hours we could have been digging.
    Last edited by juice; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:55 PM.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by juice View Post
    Thanks for the info everyone. Looks like we need to carry our huge cache of new tools in by hand to Ivan. Ugh, that'll be several hours we could have been digging.
    Ah. I see. You can't get through the roads we ride on because it has tank traps/water breaks or is gated. I'm pretty sure I recall a gate on the west end of the horizontally oriented red ellipse too.

    You can get closer by driving to the end of the road though than hauling all by hand up the hill from 356th SE can't you?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Mr. Lynch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,505
    Bike trailer the tools in? Ive hauled a ton of tons in a kid trailer before. Would be a grunt up to Ivan though.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

  10. #10
    Justin Vander Pol
    Reputation: juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Bike trailer the tools in? Ive hauled a ton of tons in a kid trailer before. Would be a grunt up to Ivan though.
    We always walk in, but too many tools for that. We bought enough so that we could invite more people to come and help. Lots of work to get all the logged trails back to former glory.

    Swing by Upper Ivan tomorrow (Sunday) around 10 if anyone wants to dig with us. I also can get out on weekday afternoons this time of year.

    Justin
    206.390.2237
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

  11. #11
    I should be out riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    980
    the area you're thinking of was purchased by King County per the parcel viewer. KC just hasn't bothered to take down Weyco's no trespassing signs or gates.

    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    I'm wondering why you would need to drive in there to work on any trails in Tokul East. AFAIK, that is Weyerhauser land and it is closed for at least another couple of years in their 5 years of closure after logging it. The trails that were there would be bootleg poaches now. You need to go in via the Hancock gate off of Tokul Road above Snoqualmie Falls anyway and use the roads from the north to get to Flowtron.

  12. #12
    Last word is all yours...
    Reputation: r1de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladmo View Post
    Looks like a piece of this map, which is the best/most up to date Tokul East map available as far as I know.
    http://trails.evergreenmtb.org/trails/tokul-east:

    "Turn-by-Turn Guide:
    If someone wants to make a good map of the area, contact Justin (justin@vanderpol.org) and I'll put it up on this page."

    Our published map is dated 2009 and still includes Griffin Creek.
    --
    -bp

  13. #13
    Justin Vander Pol
    Reputation: juice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,416
    Quote Originally Posted by r1de View Post
    http://trails.evergreenmtb.org/trails/tokul-east:

    "Turn-by-Turn Guide:
    If someone wants to make a good map of the area, contact Justin (justin@vanderpol.org) and I'll put it up on this page."

    Our published map is dated 2009 and still includes Griffin Creek.
    There is talk about one of us going to make a map for public consumption and put it on the guide in the next few weeks. The maps we use for trail planning need some editing before they can be put up there.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by ACree View Post
    the area you're thinking of was purchased by King County per the parcel viewer. KC just hasn't bothered to take down Weyco's no trespassing signs or gates.
    Well, look at that! I thought for sure it was going to go to Weyerhauser's developer company, Quadrant, and the inevitable build-out would happen.

    Normally, the parcel viewer allows a person to see the recorder's ownership changes, but I can't find it this time for that parcel, but it is tagged as "Tokul Creek Forest" on their map which sounds a bit on positive side of preservation. Do you know when KC purchased it?
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

  15. #15
    I should be out riding
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    980

    Tokul E Road Q - info needed today

    Quote Originally Posted by DRSpalding View Post
    Well, look at that! I thought for sure it was going to go to Weyerhauser's developer company, Quadrant, and the inevitable build-out would happen.

    Normally, the parcel viewer allows a person to see the recorder's ownership changes, but I can't find it this time for that parcel, but it is tagged as "Tokul Creek Forest" on their map which sounds a bit on positive side of preservation. Do you know when KC purchased it?
    March of '13 IIRC. Been awhile since I looked though. Every time I ride around the gate and past the signs I wonder why KC hasn't removed the signs and made it clear that it was public land.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    51

    Tokul E Road Q - info needed today

    Regarding making a new map - I have a bunch of accurate track files for west. Also have been working on a new map, but it's a never ending project.

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    442
    West & East Maps are being worked on and alllllmost ready for prime time.

    Cheers,
    Mike

  18. #18
    i'm schralping yer thread
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    684
    A bit of an update: we did manage to get the tools in to the upper ivan zone on Sunday and did a bunch of work on the clearcut section towards the bottom. The little log rollover/booter is no more, however the new bermage should set up the big stump roller better.

    The dirt in there isn't great but with the drainage work, we're hoping it will hold up better. Lots more to come!

Similar Threads

  1. Flowtron...so sad...
    By innovator8 in forum Washington
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 06:19 PM
  2. MRT info needed
    By etacata in forum Oregon
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 12:36 PM
  3. M1 info needed
    By SHIVER ME TIMBERS in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 07:11 PM
  4. Info needed
    By Greenfin in forum Fat Bikes
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-19-2011, 06:40 PM
  5. Info needed!
    By prooperator in forum Trek
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 07:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •