I5Troll

Tiger Schedule through the Holidays

In case you're looking to do some digging at Tiger over the next few weeks, we won't have many (if any) formal work parties posted on the calendar, but we'd still love some help out there. Here's the plan...

Tyler and Bryan will be working on Silent Swamp with a mini excavator pretty much every day all day (weather permitting) through Sat the 22nd. Then it's a few days off from the 23rd - 26th. Starting the 27th, it'll be Bryan and Mike. Contact us at: mwestra@ or tyler@ or bryanc@ evergreenmtb-dot-org to get more info. We can try coordinate a time to meet you at the gate. Or join us on the trail any time if you want to ride the road in.

If it gets too wet for Tiger work or we get snowed out, we'll switch over to Duthie... Duthie Winter and Spring Work Schedule.

We'll get a formal January Tiger WP schedule on the calendar after the holidays.

Holidays on the Squatch...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiger Schedule through the Holidays-holidayswiththesquatch.jpg  

FM
    luxatio erecta
    This may be a loaded question, but what is the policy (or possibility) of riding NWTT in to get to work parties?

I5Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    This may be a loaded question, but what is the policy (or possibility) of riding NWTT in to get to work parties?
    Would love to say "yes" and it totally makes sense, but for now the official answer is "it's closed". We'll keep working with DNR... The long term goal is to have all trails open all year. I imagine that would start with NWT.

I5Troll
    Sharing some of Bryan's pics of this week's work on the Schwamp...

Bryan has been working with the 1-ton tiny excavator on the northern section and Tyler with the 3-ton on the southern section. The 1-ton being so much more maneuverable, it's easier to leave the roots and make it more natural.

The following map shows the plan. Like Preston, much of the Silent Swamp trail was built in a straight line on an old road bed. The re-route will involve turning that into a curvy singletrack with long grade reversals. The bulk of the work will be done with the 3-ton and then finished up with the 1-ton machine and work parties.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tiger Schedule through the Holidays-swampworkplan.jpg