Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Tiger Mtn. Trails opening April 15th?

I know "normal" closure is Oct. 15th-April 15th, but are the trails actually set to open on the 15th? I couldn't find specific info on the DNR page, beyond that they're currently closed. If they're set to open, will they actually be open on the 15th (Next Tuesday) or will the 16th be the first day we can ride 'em?

(I have an out-of-town MTBer friend in town next week and would love to show him the view from Tiger and the awesome trails.)

mtbr member
    keep any eye on this page:
    http://www.dnr.wa.gov/RecreationEduc...rec.aspx#tiger

It should be update soon with a date.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

EMBA Member
    I sure hope so; Nathan and I are planning on being out there on that day. And maybe on Thursday too. He will be for sure but he might have already rode me into the ground for the week. Slim

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    I know "normal" closure is Oct. 15th-April 15th, but are the trails actually set to open on the 15th? I couldn't find specific info on the DNR page, beyond that they're currently closed. If they're set to open, will they actually be open on the 15th (Next Tuesday) or will the 16th be the first day we can ride 'em?

(I have an out-of-town MTBer friend in town next week and would love to show him the view from Tiger and the awesome trails.)

One of the potentially slight hold ups this year is the DNR wants to open all the trails (both traditional, as well as the brand new ones) at the same time. If the new ones still need some finishing, they may hold off the opening... Hopefully everything will get done and signed off in time.
    Raleigh XXIX

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    Check the link from Lynch. There's a definite status change.

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by nickn View Post
    Check the link from Lynch. There's a definite status change.

Tiger Mtn. Trails opening April 15th?-1025324d1364410475-official-dagaz-typhoon-thread-aww-yeah-meme-money-i10.jpg
    Raleigh XXIX

mtbr member
    May 2008
    awesome, the DNR site says everything is open right now...

Are the trails really open for mtb? Or did they just forget to include the seasonal specific user ban on their website?

mtbr member
    Silent swamp is still listed as closed, and I would assume Joy Ride and Fully Rigid are closed too since you really cant access them without the SS trail.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I just got word from DNR that EVERYTHING is going to be open tomorrow - that includes Silent Swamp, Joy Ride and Fully Rigid! Huge thanks to Sam Jarrett and everyone at DNR for all their hard work and dedication to making this happen!!!

We actually really need people to ride these new trails while they are dry to help pack ‘em in. So if you didn't already have plans this weekend...Now you do.

However, keep in mind that new trails are especially vulnerable to rutting when they get wet and muddy. So when the rains return later next week, please give these new trails a break and ride elsewhere.

I just started a new thread with all the details including a map, so pop over there for more info.

Happy riding!
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Nice! Ok, what do you think is the best loop to hit all the trails besides Iverson in the most "fun" direction of travel? I generally equate downhill has fun and climbing as necessary.

I assume climb the road to Summit and descend through Preston. Then which direction is better on Silent Swamp. I assume fully Rigid and Joy Ride are better as DH. Correct?

Your thoughts?

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    The loop is dead. The three new trails can be accessed via NW timber with a short climb up the logging road and ride on joyride to silent swamp all the way to Preston. Hang a left on reaching that road and ride 1.5 miles to Fully Rigid. Then back down to the giant bridge and out and down joyride to NW timber. About 12 miles for this loop. Coming off the top it's right out of Preston and either SS or up the road to Fully rigid. You pick. A few of the trail builders and volunteers will be out there working tomorrow. We like beer. We like high fives. If you see us give a holler. If you see our vehicles leave some beverages and holler.

mtbr member
    summit to preston, take right at bottom of preston, climb a mile to fully rigid, take a left before the bridge to silent swamp, exit just up from Preston and go left. Climb back up to fully rigid but this time stay right at the T, cross the bridge and ride joy ride to NWT. Thats the "loop" im going to do!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Tiger Mtn. Trails opening April 15th?

^^That's the perfect routing! Will be an awesome ride- Fully Rigid and Joyride are so fun!

mtbr member
    How were today's trail conditions today? I'd love to ride the loop mentioned by Mr. Lynch tomorrow.

mtbr member
    May 2013

Re: Tiger Mtn. Trails opening April 15th?

I went up early this Am. It was pretty foggy, but the top half down was in great shape. Gets a little wet as you get lower down, but given the rain we've had the trails are in great shape.

I rode fully rigid and silent swamp, which were both a lot of fun. I think they will improve a lot as it drys out. Definitely worth the trip. I'd ride later in the day when the fog clears. I missed out on the view, which to me is one of the best parts of the ride.

Thanks to all the people at evergreen who worked hard on these and allowed DNR to open it up early.

Sent from my LT30at using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    So jealous, can't wait til I can get back on the bike and check out the new trails!
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014

Tiger Mt. is bout that action Boss

Rode tiger today, summit to preston to fully rigid to joyride to NW timbers. New trails are bout that action Boss - especially fully rigid!

Sunny skies, quite a few bikers out there ripping it up. The new trails are soft, so get sum before it rains!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Joyride was a real treat- flowy and fun. Now I can't wait to go back and hit Fully Rigid.

Thank you so much Evergreen and builders! Tiger was already a sweet place to ride and now is even better!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthwestAir View Post
    Joyride was a real treat- flowy and fun. Now I can't wait to go back and hit Fully Rigid.

Thank you so much Evergreen and builders! Tiger was already a sweet place to ride and now is even better!
    You are SO very welcome!!
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by nickn View Post
    The three new trails can be accessed via NW timber with a short climb up the logging road and ride on joyride to silent swamp all the way to Preston. Hang a left on reaching that road and ride 1.5 miles to Fully Rigid. Then back down to the giant bridge and out and down joyride to NW timber. About 12 miles for this loop.
    Rode this loop this morning, trails were in awesome shape. Super cool to ride the finished product, having done a few early work parties. Thanks and Kudos to everybody who helped make this happen!

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    You're back?!

Hope you scouted our apres bbq spot while you were out there!

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by GeePhroh View Post
    You're back?!
    yar. Certainly nowhere near 100%, but back!

mtbr member
    I rode Preston>Silent Swamp>Joyride this morning. AWESOME new trails out there! Tremendous kudos to everyone involved, the layout and build were both amazing. Stoked to have these new options! And Preston was bone-dry in sections that are often flowing with water, so further kudos to the maintenance crews.

Stacy/Matt, any chance some of the new trails could stay open year-round? They seem very well built and like they'd drain well.

Sawyer Gnome
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewBird View Post
    Stacy/Matt, any chance some of the new trails could stay open year-round? They seem very well built and like they'd drain well.

That is one of the eventual goals with the lower elevation stuff.
    Raleigh XXIX

mtbr member
    Not sure how many people have been out at Tiger in the winter, but that mountain is a big sponge and the trails are in bad shape when it is wet out, even days after it rains. I remember some horrible mud during some work parties!

Was a bunch of gravel brought in on Preston? Not of big fan of it, but it must be there for a reason.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast