Thread: Tiger Dopeness

Last word is all yours...

Tiger Dopeness

Testing links to the new Evergreen Trail Guide Ride Reports:

5 Stars for Tiger

^^ In case that doesn't work: one of the best Tiger rides ever, for me. Definitely dialed in my favorite loop: Iverson CW, road to summit, E. Tiger Summit to Preston, Preston to crossover road to Fully Rigid to Silent Swamp back to crossover back to Fully Rigid, Fully Rigid to Joyride to NW Timber. Saw only 3 of 4 people on bikes the entire day, and they were all in the parking lot.

Really stoked how the new trails are wearing in; builders did an outstanding job.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I agree there is a long section of road to trail conversion and you would never know it... Fully Rigid is aptly named as it sure gives me a stiffy ridin it...
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I'd like ride new stuff at Tiger some night after work but when I head home on the 90 and pass the lineup for the 18 I change my mind.

Is there a faster way to get to the Tiger staging area during drive time without doing the 90/18 combo?

Would the 90 to Issaquah-Hobart Road to the 18 be faster?

Or is that lineup off the 90 worse than it looks?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I would say it looks worse than it is. With no traffic, 90 to Sunset to Hobart to 18 is about equal 90 to 18 exit. I can't speak for Issaquah during traffic hours, but that 18 exit cycles pretty quick.

Rock Gnome
    Dec 2012
    At some point in July you should be able to add another trail to that mix r1de. And how is it with the dirt in prime condition and the weather as well, there was no one on the mountain tonight?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Issaquah-Hobart Road backs up real bad. It can take 30-40 mins to get to hwy 18 from Issaquah sometimes.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

mtbr member
    The last 2 Tuesdays the 90/18 wait has been 10min max. This was at 5:00/5:30. It's summer, folks start taking vacations, commute times go down a bit. Of course, next Tuesday could be back to 1/2 hour J. Nick, the lot tonight had more cars than the past couple Tuesdays. The thing is once on the trails, riders get spread out. We spent 2 hours doing NWT and looping the new stuff and saw about 20 riders, which was busier than the last couple Tuesdays. I lead an Evergreen ride on Tuesdays at 6:00 and everyone's invited. We BBq afterwards, too.

mtbr member

Re: Tiger Dopeness

Sitting 1/2 mile from the i90 ramp inching forward light by light gives me the rear-end willies.

Has anyone tried to double back from i90 exit 27 which is two miles past exit 25 / sr18 then turning left onto sr18 at the light? The 5-10 minutes this costs may be less stressful than hanging your rear bumper out for snags in i90 eastbound.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Tiger Dopeness

One of Joyride's many rock gardens claims another victim! Still had a blast this afternoon. Saw a bunch of cars in the lot but previous posters are right: people really spread out and I felt like I had the whole mountain to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I got out in the light at 9p on Monday and was literally the last car in the parking lot. There's tons of daylight right now, get after it! Had about 3 hours so did this loop and only saw 2 other bikes:
    iverson CW - up road to summit - down flowpark down preston - up crossover to summit - down flowpark down preston - getting late back on road to NW timber (joyride to nwtimber would've been more fun)

Huge thanks to all the people who have helped with the new trails. It's great to have more singletrack, and the new lower trails have some tech sections which is nice. The top manicured flow park is fun too, but more in a "how fast do you dare to go" kind of way.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo View Post
    Sitting 1/2 mile from the i90 ramp inching forward light by light gives me the rear-end willies.

Has anyone tried to double back from i90 exit 27 which is two miles past exit 25 / sr18 then turning left onto sr18 at the light? The 5-10 minutes this costs may be less stressful than hanging your rear bumper out for snags in i90 eastbound.
    I get the same sketchy feeling, which is part of the reason why I've avoided riding Tiger after work. I drive by that line-up every day on my way home from work and am just waiting to see a multi-car-rear-end-fest.

I'll try and ride Tiger next week. I'll give your double back a whirl and report back in this thread.

EMBA Member
    Oct 2006
    Last night the exit onto 18 was fine. Schools out so traffic is getting better.

Trails were pimpin! Nice n tacky. Weather was primo.

Every Tuesday there's a group ride. All riders welcome, fast or slow. New or experienced.
    We typically start rolling at 6. Evergreen MTB Calendar

Beers n brats afterwards.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Just need to figure out how to ride to Tiger from the Issaquah-Preston trail. Seems there's a short section of private property in the way.

Last word is all yours...
    That, indeed, has been a topic of much consideration.

Name:  th.jpeg
Views: 277
Size:  21.9 KB
    --
    -bp

V-Shaped Rut
    So funny, I keep riding grand ridge to duthie out 'n back because it's a nicer length than a tiger loop. Never occurred to me to ride back up a little and do more trails, lol!

PS-Every once in a while I get a reminder that the rest of the world does that commute/traffic thing. That has to suck.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    We rode for about 3 hrs last night. Trails are prime, hard packed tacky dirt! You can rip the corners right now!
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad III

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"