Thread: Tiger Bobcats

mtbr member

Tiger Bobcats

Saw 2 bobcats at Tiger yesterday, about 2 miles in to the forest road climb to Preston. They were about 20-30 yards in front of me and walking across the road. All 3 of us stopped and looked at each other and then they darted off into the forest. Pretty cool.

Incidentally it was on the very same section where I saw a glimpse of a bobcat crossing the road about 2 years ago. This time I was able to get a much better look.
    "What do I know of You who spoke me into motion? Where have I even stood but along the shore of Your ocean?"

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Man, that sounds like where I saw one a few years ago- on the corner where the sign is on the left explaining how they spread poop all over the forest. I only saw one, and for some stupid reason I pedaled fast at it to get a better look.

mtbr member
    Yeah, it was right after the corner at the 2nd "false summit" of the climb where I had both sightings.

I looked up pics of cougar and bobcat scat to see what it looked like...there's quite a bit of that stuff around Tiger.
    "What do I know of You who spoke me into motion? Where have I even stood but along the shore of Your ocean?"

mtbr member
    when I lived in OR I noticed how the bobcats are much larger here in PNW versus TX where I saw them while deer hunting, etc. Over the 15 yrs been here in SE KC, Ive seen several but I'll never forget the time I was totally surprised in the back of a family-owned convenience store, in Houston - the store owners kept a large pet bobcat, loose, (probably de-clawed), by the soda & beer coolers. It just sat there quietly by the shelves observing you. Afterwards I was thinking that was a good deterrent for teens attempting "beer runs"....
    Ride ON!
    Just a bike geek. Rode since 4 yo & still love BMX. MTBer since '86... "Life is a Circle"