Thread: Tapeworm-Renton

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Tapeworm-Renton

Tapeworm rocks! Just discovered this place. I live in West Seattle so it's a quick drive for me compared to Duthie or Tiger. I've been a few times now and I think I know my way around ok. The tapeworm trail itself is great, lots of tight turns and great for balance and skill building. Some of the trails seem to be pretty overgrown, I think when I have some time I'll go out and bring some hedge trimmers. Who keeps this place up? I'd be down for a work day or if this is already happening let me know. Ride on!

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    The trek from West Seattle to anywhere on the eastside is rewarded when you get to leave the eastside.

You should try out Banner Forest, that'll get you away from the crowds. Just do like I do and ride onto the Southworth ferry and then up to Banner Rd.

No car, no metro area ********.

mtbr member
    Tape Worm is a fun, quick ride. I like to hit it after work a couple times a week. When the trails are wet it can be even more challenging. Other than the crew who built Silk Worm, I have never seen folks working on the balance of trails. Granted, I mainly ride there after work. I know work is done just funny I have never seen them. The builders of Silk Worm should be commended for their amazing efforts.

Maybe check on the Evergreen site and see if they post work parties. I recently started packing a machete with me to clear some of the snags. It seems some areas can grow visibly overnight.

Head about 10 miles further down highway 169 and try Henry's Ridge or the Lake Sawyer trails.

mtbr member
    The brush has really took off in the past two weeks, but it will be trimmed soon! The locals are doing alot out there and you should start seeing restoration of old trails and replacement of rotten features along with new stuff.

A group of us do a Wednesday night there every week at 7:30pm and anyone is welcome to join us!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I've just discovered Tapeworm and have started to ride it once or twice a week. One of these days I'll come join the work party on Wednesdays. Can't wait to see the trails get in better shape!

mtbr member
    Wednesday nights we ride. Trail gets done Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Friday depending on weather. There seems to be someone out working most evenings though.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Wednesday nights we ride. Trail gets done Tuesday, Thursday and sometimes Friday depending on weather. There seems to be someone out working most evenings though.
    Thanks Mr. Lynch, I did a short run on Wednesday. Showed up at 7:00 only a couple cars at the trail head. By the time I left at 8ish there were probably 10 vehicles. I'll keep an eye out for a group next Wednesday and introduce myself.

mtbr member
    We started riding at 7:30, and rode until 9:30. I think we had 8 riders. We have had up to 14 many times. We tend to ride Silkworm, Parasite, tapeworm, parasite in reverse, the silkworm 2 more times.

We ride rain or shine and even had a few snow rides!

mtbr member
    Hadn't been out there for a year or two, and rose Silkworm for the first time last night. That trail is too much fun, and a great addition to the area.