mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Tapeworm/Phillp Arnold Fire?

A friend just called me and said that an apartment fire by Phillip Arnold spread onto the park and the forest where Silkworm/Parasite are. I'm not too sure if he's pulling a prank on me or not. Can anyone that lives up on Renton Hill confirm this for me? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Update:

Friend on Falcon Ridge (the gated neighborhood by the Parasite/Silkworm entrance) said that it's hazy over there now. People in the neighborhood are evacuating. Let's hope no people or homes get hurt.

mtbr member
    Looks like it was just all the dry grass immediately under the lines in the clearing adjacent to some of the phase 1 of the silkworm trail. It might have gotten close to stuff like the wall ride and the drop but I'm thinking that all the tinder was gone by that time. The grass the power company cuts just dries out under the lines and it burns up quick. Doubt it got hot enough to get into the woods with the trails.

mtbr member
    Just got this in an email from my friend that got out to the trail today:

After riding Tiger this morning I stopped at the worm to check it out. I rode the Silkworm and the Tapeworm. Both are good. It looks like the trails actually acted as a fire break and stopped the fire from spreading. There are a couple areas where the brush is gone on one side of the trail. All the structures are fine.

Berm Sled did not fair very well. The lower half is about half burned out. There was fire on both sides of the woods that Berm Sled runs through.

The fire did not burn the center of the Tapeworm. It tried to start in several areas but did not spread.

Hard to tell if some of the brush and trees that seem fine now were damaged by the heat. They seem fine but you can tell they got hot and the leaves dried out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Good to know that there wasn't any damage to the trail. I will probably head out some time this week and will take pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by specialev View Post
    Just got this in an email from my friend that got out to the trail today:

mtbr member
    I went out and rode the area and shot some footage. All the trails are ridable, including Bermsled.
    For the most part the fire was the dry grass PSE mowed last month and left. No bridges or structures were damages. A few trees along bermsled burned and all the small brush is gone a few spots, but overall it wasnt as bad as it could have been.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    I went out and rode the area and shot some footage. All the trails are ridable, including Bermsled.
    For the most part the fire was the dry grass PSE mowed last month and left. No bridges or structures were damages. A few trees along bermsled burned and all the small brush is gone a few spots, but overall it wasnt as bad as it could have been.
    Cool, that's good to hear.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

EMBA Member
    Whew! You guys had me going there. Glad to hear it is ok. Slim