Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

T-East Tailhead mayhem

12K views 141 replies 32 participants last post by  FM 
#1 ·
I know this is common knowledge to many here but for any of the noobs....

Be kind, clean up, quiet during the evening hours, respectful of the neighbors, etc. :thumbsup:

It's been packed as of late with news of FT3K re-opening and other multi-platinum video releases circulating the intra-webz...

And, not going to get any quieter as the dry months arrive....

#130 ·
The only thing on the East side without trees is Flowtron as far as I know.

I just printed the permit out when I bought it and keep it in my pack. The parking lot is not on Handcock property, so there's nothing you need for that. If you go on the weekend, get there early though, it's been filling up fast.

#136 ·
Nasai, we need to get back over and clear Dodgeball and Bandwagon and folks will come back over for that loop too once Safety First starts getting more use. (Needs a re-build too.) Slop mentioned maybe getting some locals interested in some fun "shore" style stuff around the rock pile too. Would be a shame to waste that fun terrain. Bummed about the horses on Ivan. Wonder if they will start going up MidTown too? Grrrrr....

#137 ·
Yes, I do need to do that.

Shore type stuff on the bluff would be awesome. There's already a nice twisty trail built in there at the moment, up on top. Probably a lot of trees across it now, but I always wanted to complete it and the climb into the trees..... Guess I need to buy a pass. :thumbsup:

#140 ·
Older guy? Looks like he's been sucking a lemon? Might be the same d-nozzle who Muttonchops encountered on OGDH about a month ago. I'll let mutton tell the whole story, however, the long and short was that he tried to be friendly and courteous, but the dude just cursed at him.

Definitely a nasty user conflict waiting to happen.

#142 · (Edited)
At one point there were trail features/routing which prevented equestrians or motorcycles from going up crazy ivan. These features also prevented riders from carrying excessive speed out onto the SVT.

Somebody took it on themselves to remove these, and now we have increased maintenance & trail erosion and higher chances of user conflicts as a result.
Oh well

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.