Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    I ride Cuss Hollow everytime I'm at Duthie. I can ride it clean most times, but the biggest enjoyment is listening to my buddies on XL bikes complain the whole way!

I think Midtown is more technical than Crazy Ivan overall, but Crazy Ivan has a couple turns that are much more difficult (atleast for me) that anything on Midtown.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Beautiful day out there today, trails are primo. Only was two other riders out there (thanks for letting me borrow the shock pump!).

Did have one strange thing though, I ran into a horse rider coming UP upper crazy Ivan. I know they are multi use trails, but is this normal? Not much room for passing, me and trail dog looked at each other like "really?"
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarekith View Post

Did have one strange thing though, I ran into a horse rider coming UP upper crazy Ivan. I know they are multi use trails, but is this normal? Not much room for passing, me and trail dog looked at each other like "really?"
    Wow, I've never seen them up there. However there are horses on lower Ivan and they seem to be steadily eroding that part of the trail.

Anybody notice all that woodpecker action on a tree right next to the big stump after one of the switchbacks on lower Ivan? It's pretty impressive work.

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    Alright, time to brave the parking madness and get back out to Tokul. I used to ride it all the time, it'll be a mind-f to see it without trees.

Here's a thing, when I bought my pass in January their instructions alluded to me getting something more formal than a print out in the mail, and it never happened.
    I assume I can just shove the permit paper in my pack and be alright?
    Does my car need anything on it?

mtbr member
    The only thing on the East side without trees is Flowtron as far as I know.

I just printed the permit out when I bought it and keep it in my pack. The parking lot is not on Handcock property, so there's nothing you need for that. If you go on the weekend, get there early though, it's been filling up fast.
    Tarekith.com

I got the velcros
    Sep 2010
    Cool, thanks.
    I'm usually done by the time most people are sober enough for two wheels anyway.

mtbr member
    I've been getting there 7:30-8:00 or so the last couple of times and the lot's been half to 3/4 full already, FWIW.
    Tarekith.com

FM
    luxatio erecta
    The only thing on the East side without trees is Flowtron as far as I know.
    Upper OGDH and Last Frontier were both in the clearcut area, and have not been rebuilt.

There's also gunrange, which was previously clearcut & rebuilt.

EMBA Member
    Re the permit, I read the instructions to say you had to have the permit and a picture id available if asked.

Moist and Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    Upper OGDH and Last Frontier were both in the clearcut area, and have not been rebuilt.

There's also gunrange, which was previously clearcut & rebuilt.
    Which needs to be cleared, according to Borneo. After another party cut off the exit to the gate (now being private property), that area seems to get little love. It's too bad, because that trail over there is short but sweet, and there is so much space to build. A certain gnome started a trail on the rocky bluff, but never completed it due to a theft of all his tools.

Just sayin'....
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Nasai, we need to get back over and clear Dodgeball and Bandwagon and folks will come back over for that loop too once Safety First starts getting more use. (Needs a re-build too.) Slop mentioned maybe getting some locals interested in some fun "shore" style stuff around the rock pile too. Would be a shame to waste that fun terrain. Bummed about the horses on Ivan. Wonder if they will start going up MidTown too? Grrrrr....

Moist and Delicious
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Nasai, we need to get back over and clear Dodgeball and Bandwagon and folks will come back over for that loop too once Safety First starts getting more use. (Needs a re-build too.) Slop mentioned maybe getting some locals interested in some fun "shore" style stuff around the rock pile too. Would be a shame to waste that fun terrain. Bummed about the horses on Ivan. Wonder if they will start going up MidTown too? Grrrrr....
    Yes, I do need to do that.

Shore type stuff on the bluff would be awesome. There's already a nice twisty trail built in there at the moment, up on top. Probably a lot of trees across it now, but I always wanted to complete it and the climb into the trees..... Guess I need to buy a pass.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member
    Beautiful day out there today, trails are primo. Only was two other riders out there (thanks for letting me borrow the shock pump!).

It was early last summer when I first saw the signs of horse hooves on upper Ivan. I really didn't think a horse could make it up a trail that steep. It would've been impressive to watch. I guess it must be for the challenge? I'm not sure because I don't ride horses but it wouldn't seem all that much fun riding up a very steep rutted trail with tight switchbacks.

mtbr member
    Didn't look like he was having fun, but he seemed determined.
    Tarekith.com

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Didn't look like he was having fun, but he seemed determined.
    Older guy? Looks like he's been sucking a lemon? Might be the same d-nozzle who Muttonchops encountered on OGDH about a month ago. I'll let mutton tell the whole story, however, the long and short was that he tried to be friendly and courteous, but the dude just cursed at him.

Definitely a nasty user conflict waiting to happen.

mtbr member
    Yeah, maybe in his late 40's, though he seemed nice enough, just a bit clueless.
    Tarekith.com

FM
    luxatio erecta
    At one point there were trail features/routing which prevented equestrians or motorcycles from going up crazy ivan. These features also prevented riders from carrying excessive speed out onto the SVT.

Somebody took it on themselves to remove these, and now we have increased maintenance & trail erosion and higher chances of user conflicts as a result.
    Oh well
    Last edited by FM; 02-20-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6