Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    You know where Crazy Ivan ends and comes out on the road? If you take that road up the hill, normally you would go right and ride Lower Ivan, but if you go left it leads to a old skidder road/ trail that is pretty steep and has "whoops" in it. That trail will take you back up to pumptrack. That skidder road runs along a logging road for a bit that you can use to access it.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure that Slop has an updated map in the works. He'll have to say how far along it is, though, and whether or not he's doing both West and East.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yes, in work with Westra and on some cool new mapping program and will include West and East.

mtbr member
    Awesome, thanks for the update.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

T-East Tailhead mayhem

Awesome! Very appreciative of the effort to improve this map. Will be nice to finally know which trails and logging roads you guys are talking about when I ride there.

mtbr member
    Just got back from wandering around out there, perfect day for a ride too. Trails were in excellent shape, and I think I finally found some of the trails you guys are talking about. The one that starts at the top of the pump track (very cool btw, didn't realize it was a real pump track!) and has all the rediculously steep switchbacks is Crazy Ivan, right? Then when that ends, you go left up the old logging road a couple hundred yards and take a right onto Midfield yes? The one that ends by the old red car in the woods?

Those are A and B on this map?

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/4233/tokul0208.jpg

What trail is the one I labelled C then? I always use that one when leaving for the day, never knew what it was called. Loved the new little side trails with the jumps on that one, very fun.
    Tarekith.com

jtd
    mtbr member
    'A' and 'B' are upper and lower Crazy Ivan, respectively. 'C' is OGDH.

Midtown starts from the top of the knoll right above the C on your map.

mtbr member
    Thank you, that helps a lot.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Ok, that is Midtown. I always thought that was just OGDH from the top all the way down. That explains a lot about some of these posts now and brings some clarity. So technically, OGDH doesn't start until you hit the lower road and climb up a bit?

mtbr member
    OGDH starts under the powerlines on the left. I've never actually rode the trail the leads to it from the top.

The trail I'm curious about is the one on the left, two switchbacks above OGDH. It appears to be recently restored. We plan on checking it out on Sunday.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I was surprised just how many trails out there looked like they had recently been worked on.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member

Re: T-East Tailhead mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    OGDH starts under the powerlines on the left. I've never actually rode the trail the leads to it from the top.

The trail I'm curious about is the one on the left, two switchbacks above OGDH. It appears to be recently restored. We plan on checking it out on Sunday.
    Eddy and me will meet you at 745 Aug parking lot off of 356th, right?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I've always considered the "OG" to start way back up at the top of the climb to the left and crossing the switchbacks on the way down. Then climbing back up under the power lines for the last section. The one on the East side of the power lines is actually fairly new and built by some local kids a few years back. One steep ball bearingly section and sorta short. Need to finish "Second Secret" (for all you Fromme fans out there) some day near there... Will be out in West cleaning things up tomorrow.

mtbr member
    sounds good!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Assume it was packed over there today... Only 4 others in West that I saw...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Assume it was packed over there today... Only 4 others in West that I saw...
    Seems like East drains better maybe?
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    there is a reason for that...
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I was trying to be more polite about it

West is the place I think of in terms of it being a workout. It's the place to get in some miles, prep the climbing legs for summer (or maintain in the winter), and generally just put miles on the bikes for fitness sake.

East is where I go to have fun.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    If I didn't have a hand in building some of that east fun I'd be hurt by that statement...

They both drain the same. East gets a little more of the compressional heating right before a front rolls in that dries it out a little better. Go ride Safety First in East and see if anything in West is that wet...

mtbr member
    I think it's just different styles of trails to different styles of riding. I'd love to ride Safety First and check it out, but I can't find it on my map.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    I'm just messing with Borneo! West is a fun place and a little different in style than East. I think west would be idea for a short travel 29er. The trails are fun, just a lot shorter for the most part. I cant wait to see the area when the logging is done and the new stuff is in place!

I personally will ride West way before I go back to Tolt, but that's a whole other can of worms...
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Got out there by 9 this AM, and luckily still got a parking spot. Still barely saw anyone out there except on the SVT, and it was a beautiful morning too. Ok, so the trail traced in red is Midfield, correct?

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/3082/tokul0210.jpg

That is a REALLY fun and technical trail, especially slick as it was today. Couldn't even walk down some spot, just had to slide down on two wheels hoping to stay upright Really looking forward to trying that again once it dries out just a bit more on some of the steeper spots. And now I know where it starts so I won't have to walk up the upper part of it
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    You just missed us. We started riding right about 9. Started with 8, lost one due to a big crash on Flowtron (the first big drop), lost another due to mechanical issues, two others left after after riding Midtown, and then two got seperated on the way to Crazy Ivan and ended up going down Midtown again.

We talked to 5 or 6 guys up near the pumptrack and the lot was full when we left at 11.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Yeah, I missed the turn off for Crazy Ivan while on Midtown too. At least now that I'm slowly making pieces of my own map, I can see how to string some of the trails together better.

Question. So while you're riding on the SVT towards the climb to flowtron, you pass three trails coming down on your left. Crazy Ivan, Midtown, ???, and then the end of OGDH. Is the ??? trail something you can climb up to get to Ivan and Midtown easier? Seems like there's got to be an easier way to get to the pump track than going all the way around to the Powerline climb, no?
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The second trail is actually originally the old horse trail that climbs the clearcut to a landing with a hitching rail. You can take that road to trail up to where Midtown crosses or take it all the way to the top of the power lines. Either way, you're climbing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast