Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I'll keep it in mind if I'm not working, thanks.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    Slop is giving us a tour. Sunday 8am, the parking area just past the big traffic circle in fall city.

It is suppose to dry out this weekend, so hopefully it wont be too bad Sunday, but we ride no matter what!
    Yep, looking nice for Sunday. I'll be along, too, and looking forward to it. Been too long since I've gotten out.

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    Cool. If anyone knows it as well as me, it's Slop. He'll give you the long term plan too. Have fun!
    He should, he's certainly out there enough. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't built a little hobbit hole up there, but I'm not sure that Kathy would approve of that.

mtbr member
    I think I'll be arriving with 3 others. We lost one guy who broke his right hand and left pinky on the "rehab" line at the Doof on Sunday.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Would love to meet up with you guys. I have soccer duty with the kids Sunday morning, but that is usually a good time for me, so next time. Also have a blown out rear hub and am waiting for some Chinese carbon wheels to be built and shipped. Out for the count until I get my new wheels or I can find a cheap replacement as a back up.

Never been to West, so would like to learn more and also learn some of the newer trails on East that aren't on the map. I usually stick to FT3, Last Frontier, and OGDH (favorite trail). Looking forward to meeting you all soon.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Here's one of Thomas' many videos of West for a taste. Slop will be taking Lynch et al up this to get in (Was actually built as a climbing trail from the Monster/Bra area for the 2005 MR Ride out there.) and then down it on the way back out Sunday.

Tokul West - Bobsled - YouTube

mtbr member
    I don't think I've ever been *up* Bobsled. That should be interesting.

The lower part of PR is gone, isn't it?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    It's easier than you think.

Yes, the entrance/exit to the SVT is blocked by the logging. Lower BP was left pretty wide open by the loggers as they said they would which is awesome though. Hoping they stay with that theme as they go up the hill.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Agate View Post
    Yep, looking nice for Sunday. I'll be along, too, and looking forward to it. Been too long since I've gotten out.

He should, he's certainly out there enough. I'm a bit surprised he hasn't built a little hobbit hole up there, but I'm not sure that Kathy would approve of that.
    Who's to say I haven't already; just me and the Beer Gnome under that stump

Beaver Pond was clear last weekend except for one small area near the lowest skid rd. the problem is the skid roads are mud ugly right now from the trucks. However, if upper BP is still uncut than we can go up that way. Lower Pink Ribbon...they started cutting the drop into it and its toast but we will rebuild it after they're all done

mtbr member
    Wouldn't surprise me.

What about upper Pink Ribbon?

mtbr member
    Upper PInk Ribbon is good and will get better...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It's just that getting to upper Pink Ribbon means you have to travel on a road for part of it, and they are being used for logging now and are (probably) a mess. I haven't been up since the 16th when I avoided the roads while they are actively there logging. Now that it's thawed and wet, I will probably avoid going up the roads entirely until they dry out again. I might go down them if I'm coming down to the top of PR. That isn't very likely now with the trails Poopy D and The Middle available.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

T-East Tailhead mayhem

I was last up in TWest on the 22nd. Me and another cleared off the little debris from lower BP trail to the messed up road landing.

I'll be heading up there tomorrow to ride and see what Upper Pink Ribbon looks like.

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Does West drain as nice as East does?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

T-East Tailhead mayhem

West does drain well. Fwiw, I've ridden up Bobsled lots and its only got a couple tricky bits.

I want to cleanup some Pink Ribbon DH section so you all can go out that way for some fun ending. I'll let you know how far I get tomorrow.

Cheers
    Mike

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Do any of you ride a SS at T-East or West? All this talk about Tokul makes me want to get out there again; it has been a few years since I last rode there. I primarily ride a SS at GR and Sawyer. Any of you have thoughts on riding a SS at Tokul?

mtbr member
    Slop does occasionally during the winter. Don't think I personally know of anyone else that does.

Thanks for getting out there, Mike. PR is definitely a fun way to end a ride out there.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    I ride SS a lot out there in the winter. It's perfect for SS, with only a few climbs that require a push, and you can avoid those with slightly different routing.

If you can SS that heinous climb on GR (heading S toward GR Drive), Tokul will be easy.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Juice, thanks. Sounds good. Yea, I ride GR from the Seattle side over to Duthie, so avoiding the climb back is not possible unless I take the road around. That's not going to happen. But you are right, parts of the climb back to GR Dr. are a major a$$ pain. I have considered moving from a 32/20 to a 32/21 because of GR, but the former is already compromise in other areas that I ride around here.

mtbr member
    Like juice said. Tokul is a perfect ss winter riding spot. The road up to FT has the perfect one speed pitch. I get a kick out of trucking past spinning ninnies on their over sized squishy bikes.
    Only bummer is a broken toe has left me painfully out of ss shape.

mtbr member
    You guys have a rough idea on how long you plan to ride for on Sunday? Definitely going to try and make it out there for a tour, just trying to reschedule some work so I can.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    I'd guess we'll be back to the parking lot by 11, maybe noon at the latest, and that's if we do a loop of GS and FT. I'll let Slop chime in, though, since he probably already has a route planned out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

T-East Tailhead mayhem

Agate is up to speed on all the trails I raked today. Lots logging near by but these trails are "safe" for the time being. Have fun on Sunday...wish I could join you.

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    I'm going to have to assume that you meant Peter, Mike, since I'm fairly certain that we didn't talk yesterday.

mtbr member
    Great. Hopefully if eveything works out still I'll be there at 8, copper Acura RSX with a black Rcky Mtn Slayer on the back. If not, work stuff came up over night (grumble) so please don't wait.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Nice! We will be in a Gray Forester with 3 or 4 bikes on it!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast