Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2004

T-East mayhem: Part Deux

I hate loooong threads so I thought I'd start a new one. Another thing to consider is the exits out on to the SVT. Most trails have very quick exits and while it is really funny to see a skid mark going out of Lower Ivan and right across the SVT into the woods on the other side, it's not very positive for the other trail users. Please refrain from hauling out on to the SVT. I gather the "improvements" to lower OGDH encourage that which worries me a little.

Remember, we're not the only users out there and complaints to Hancock and King County don't do us any good when we're also trying to build good rapport with them at the same time.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Yeah, we've been told by Hancock that a few things need to be considered. I'll try to get in contact with all the builders in person, but exits are one area where we need to make some improvements. There's a couple other things that I can go over with builders in person 'cause the internet sux and I don't want to do it here.

The future is really bright out there! But we also need to be careful about how we do things. I'm truly happy about how cool Hancock is being right now, and we if work with them well there's potential for some very good improvements to the area.

If you build out there, or want to build out there, please contact me. I'm already talking to most of the builders, and we're all on board with this. Any new building without going through Hancock will make it really hard for all the other builders and could bring the awesome current progress to a grinding halt. Like a front-tire blowout off a hip kind of halt. If we all work together on this, we'll make something truly amazing. I'm so stoked about the potential that I just slobbered on my keyboard.

Contact me in person justin@vanderpol.org or by cell 206.390.2237.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    A couple other things. Pass sales are up, and Hancock appreciates this! Thank you for buying passes, it's one of the reasons they're open to our ideas. I just drooled again thinking about the potential!

Buy your pass here:
    https://hancockrecreationnw.com/snoq...mie-forest-non

Also please be respectful of the neighbors when parking. The 356th lot has been overflowing at peak hours. This also happened a few years ago and one of the neighbors asked us to reign things in. He was chill about it, but was obviously a bit tired of people parking on his land.

So please don't park on the grass strip just downhill from the lot or in other areas that could bug the neighbors. I know parking is tough. Maybe we can all try to carpool a bit more on weekends or park more often at the Tokul West lot, which is what I've been doing.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    A big issue I think is the guys in the jumbo horse trailers on 356th. There were two of them trying to squeeze into an already over flowing lot. You would think there would be a better place to unload.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    May 2004
    We're going to run into a LOT of conflict as the horse community gets wind of the trails being re-opened up there. Many of them also have "grandfathered" issues too. Meaning that they are "local and have been riding there forever" and feel that offers them some entitlements. Many of the east riders have moved to West after the logging and it's possible they will be moving back. As for parking, same issue we have. The only other options are the lot across from the new "Duvall Bistro" and the tennis court lots at the Salish. They don't have, "a better place" other than those. Any "us/them" issues will not bode well for the MTB community and we have to remember that. Consider ourselves lucky that they are not trying to park those behemoths in the Duthie lot....

mtbr member
    It's just funny to see a trailer block about 15 cars while they unload of bunch of overgrown dogfood. They take there sweet time to get unloaded an out of the way too. I've never seen any conflict of issues though and every horse rider I've ever encountered has been very friendly.

Atleast they are using the area they are parking at. I've seen a group of 15+ roadies park at the Duthie lot early on a Sunday then takeoff down the road for their ride.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

Just roll it......
    BBQ/Juice,

It would probably help to reach out to the Raging River Riders folks to give them the head's up. Most of them were super cool folks when I worked with them in the past. I still have their contact info. if you don't.

Also, there were a couple of times when we were excessively loud in the parking lot after our Thursday night ride. The crew chipped in and FM bought the retired sheriff who lives below the lot a pretty nice GC from Home Depot and included a note saying we would be quieter in the future. The guy was stoked and super nice after that (we also kept our end of the promise).

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    It's just funny to see a trailer block about 15 cars while they unload of bunch of overgrown dogfood. They take there sweet time to get unloaded an out of the way too.
    We got stuck there last weekend for the same reason. Took 20 minutes for themt o get their party saddled and out of the way while 4 cars were waiting to leave. Oh well, it happens I guess.

I've never had a bad experience with the horse riders since moving out here, most are very polite and their animals are obviously trained well most of the time. Back in IL, whew, totally different story
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    When parking across from the bistro,just ride up the paved road through the gate to get to svt?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Silly Question but who makes the call on what's 'too big' out there?

I finally rode the trail that is west of Crazy Ivan and Minefield that dead ends into the creek. Awesome trail but Holy ***t! Power to the folks that hit that stuff and all, but all I could think about was that sooner or later someone is going to have to crawl out of there with a broken tib/fib or something.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    This trail is extreme and not recommended for anybody going it alone or having hiked it first. . . I headed down this on adventure/interest and hiked pretty much the entire trail. Props to anyone w/the balls to drop in.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Definitely not a good idea to ride that one blind. The first drop was actually pretty sweet, the balance had me looking for go-arounds for sure.

mtbr member
    You guys must be talking about KGB. It actually isn't as hard or scary as it looks, but it does need some work to get it back into great riding condition.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Scary, yup. I could see myself doing the drop from between the trees but then I got scared because that is scary ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2004
    BTW trailhore, yes, just go out the paved road north of the bistro and up to the SVT that way. You will be right below teh Beaver Pond Trail on the map. (Almost done logging that area and the trail is in good shape. At the SVT, it's about a mile? to the usual 356th TH for T-East.

mtbr member
    Might as well just climb West and take Golden Spike. That would be a fun warm up!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    KGB looks like my style of trail, haven't been on that one yet. Is that further west from the pump track?
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    If your facing the start of Crazy Ivan, its the trail that stays along the ridge to the right. You follow the ridge for a few hundred feet and then the trail "drops" into a steep ravine. It was full of leaves and fallen branches a few weeks ago, so it wasnt the best conditions.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Ok, good to hear there's another trail there out that way. I saw that oe leading off and was going to check it out next time, I'll scout it first.
    Tarekith.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I ran into a couple of riders at PVCA today that ride KGB, they told me that I missed lower KGB completely and that after (or near) where you cross the creek there is another trail off to the right that drops all the way down to the parking lot. The name of the feature with the two tree's is 'Goal Post'. Seems appropriate.

BTW the trail to the top of KGB is a not in great shape but KGB was completely groomed, at least the part we rode.

mtbr member

Re: T-East mayhem: Part Deux

So I've ridden kgb and crazy Ivan quite a bit before logging began, and now recently I'm loving midtown and I think flowtron is better than ever.

At the start of midtown, there are no trespassing signs on both sides of the trail, which leads back to old pump track, crazy Ivan and kgb, is there another way to crazy Ivan without cutting thru dudes land?

mtbr member
    Please don't modify the upper part of KGB. I like that there are logs across the narrow trail. It is not that it isn't groomed, it's just that it is a normal single track trail, not a 6 foot wide bermy Duthie trail.

(and NO! Borneo didn't put me up to this post)
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa

mtbr member
    May 2004
    We picked up all the trash in the 356th lot last weekend. We walked out with almost a full garbage bag. Good thing to do for our neighbors.

Anyone interested in raking out KGB? I through a stick into the wheel, tore off the derailler.
    2015 Santa Cruz Nomad III

Moto Becane Roady

2012 KTM 250 XC-W

"Trying is the first step towards failure"

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    BTW trailhore, yes, just go out the paved road north of the bistro and up to the SVT that way. You will be right below teh Beaver Pond Trail on the map. (Almost done logging that area and the trail is in good shape. At the SVT, it's about a mile? to the usual 356th TH for T-East.
    Thanx

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    @ innovator8 - I'm trying to piece that together too. Map anyone?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast