mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Support Mountain Biking at Wapato Hills Park in Tacoma – Public Meeting June 5th!

Hi All,
    Thanks to your support during the recent public comment period, there will be another meeting to discuss/advocate for mountain biking trails at Wapato Hills Park. Please come out if you can!!

When: Wednesday, June 5th at 6:00pm

Where: STAR Center, Discovery Room 3873 S 66th St

Why: In 1996 a Park Master Plan was developed for Wapato Hills Park in South Tacoma that "discouraged" bicycles on trails. Now MetroParks and the City of Tacoma are reviewing this 17 year old plan, and that opens the possibility for create new trails open to bikes!

Unfortunately there are some very vocal opponents. So we need you to help the planners understand how important mountain biking is to you and your family! This is a similar process to what got bicycles incorporated into Tacoma’s Swan Creek Park, so you have proven your voice can make a difference!!

Get more info about this park, and the meeting, here: Wapato Hills Park > Metro Parks Tacoma

Thanks for supporting the cause!
    Stacy
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I must be getting old. I used to ride to Wapato park from my house in the early 70s. Of course I was riding a sting ray and not a mountain bike. LOL.......