mtbr member

Suntop Conditions

Curious if the trail is ride able? Looking forward to checking out some 410 trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I rode Suntop two weeks ago. It was clear and good conditions from the logging road climbing out of the Buck Creek campground. Only one minor snow area to pass on the logging road on the way up. The descent was great, with the exception of one creek crossing that was very high and had downed trees. Great conditions for early June.

I didn't do it
    Thanks for the update, I was wondering myself.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    great thank you!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcanoehead View Post
    I rode Suntop two weeks ago. It was clear and good conditions from the logging road climbing out of the Buck Creek campground. Only one minor snow area to pass on the logging road on the way up. The descent was great, with the exception of one creek crossing that was very high and had downed trees. Great conditions for early June.
    Did you ride it from the top or from Fawn Ridge (where it crosses the road)?
    Just having a hard time imagining there is no snow up top, at least in the woods.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I rode from the fire road down. The fire road I rode up leaves from the Buck Creek campground (airstrip). Not the fireroad that goes right up to the SunTop fire lookout and accesses the whole trail.

The snow was on the fire road near where I started, but none on the trail. I would expect that further up the trail, from the fire lookout on down, would still have some snow.

Hope this helps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    A couple friends and I did suntop from the summit 2 weeks ago. Still a lot of snow in places. We probably had to carry or push our bikes for about 1/2 a mile in total. Quite a few trees down crossing the trail as well.
    Fun but definitely not clear the whole way yet.

mtbr member

Re: Suntop Conditions

Joe P told me yesterday he rode suntop from the top no snow to speak of last father's day weekend and he hand-chain-sawed(!) so its down to five trees in the middle. Gonz and I have adjusted the artillary ASAP for sun top.

I would also like to share where to stop for an amazing smoothie at wapitis Willy's on the right just past the bigfoot carving place on your way to the trail in Green water. Great little mom and pop place.