mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Summit Ridge, Lake Retreat, Real Life Church

This may be NEWS for many of you so here it is. Real Life Church (owner of Summit Ridge) had our offer to buy Lake Retreat accepted this week. Lake Retreat is about 5 minutes east of 4 Corners on Kent Kangley. This will give us a home rather than renting facilities. Lake Retreat has been run as a camp and conference center for years and that will continue. We will just have church in the chapel on Sundays.

Key messages for you guys.

1. Pastor Steve still sees Summit Ridge as part of our deal and vision for Real Life Church. He and I have actually been talking about connecting trails from Lake Retreat to Henry's Ridge. This is very doable since there is King County Parks property about 100 yards from the Lake Retreat.

2. In the future we can possibly run MTB camps out of Lake Retreat.

3. If you want to contibute to this cause or know someone who does you can make donations at the Real Life Church website. Part of what we plan on doing is some fixing up of the place and we will need some funds to do that.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Is there a web site for the Lake Retreat place and can we all get that section added to the already good map so we can get an idea of the layout?

Generically, it would be nice to know more about the whole deal before just ponying up some cash. (The post seems kind of vague for non-regular users, that's all.)

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Hey Borneo,
    Here is the "current website". Lake Retreat - Home

I found out my wife went to camp at Lake Retreat when she was in 6th grade! The pastor's vision is to keep and respect the original vision for the camp set out by it's founders. But, maybe add a bit more life to it. Make it a more prominent place for the community. So, currently there is really no MTB stuff going on at the camp (no trails and really no place for trails). Maybe a skills area in the future? Maybe a destination place since it has cabins? But, the camp is probably 3 miles from Henry's Ridge which then could connect to the great Black Diamond trail system. And like I noted above really close to King County property that could connect the camp to Henry's by trails.

Who knows how this will all play out but it will be exciting to see!!! It all starts with a vision!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Cool, thanks.