Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Summit Ridge Freeride Park

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  The Dirty Eyeball 
#1 ·
Disappointed in the rebuilding of A-line out there. It was a lot better before. It would have been a lot smarter to do a little work restoring what was a great line and build your new line from scratch. Some adult supervision is def needed out there. I think the riding out there was better before the "official work started. The only stuff the Church tore out was the goofy poorly built crap it was still a fun place to ride. Now all the best jumps are being torn out by builders.. go figure.

#2 ·
Talk goes nowhere. Building, riding and progressing the sport are what we do. We can't please everyone (even though we tried), but I have to say that the trail we "tore out" was a hazard and had been dilapidated to the point that the jumps were no more than mistimed hucks to flat. Not cool. A lot of very smart, talented and experienced people(including the original builders) have gotten on board with the land owners to develop a well planned expert/pro level trail unlike any seen before in the area. In addition, we have revamped the berm track, machine-built one of the best trails for 4x/ds training around and nearly completed an entirely new intermediate/advanced freeride line. Summit Ridge is a unique place and we will continue to build and maintain unique and challenging trails for all skill levels. Our goal is not to imitate any other freeride park, but to provide our community with the park it needs based on the input of local experts and enthusiasts who have donated their time and sweat to the effort.
Huge thanks to Real Life Church, and to all the volunteers who have made Summit Ridge such an awesome place. Keep up the great work!

#4 ·
I have an offer for all the people that think this park is not what they think it should be. Come on out with a shovel in your hand ready to do some REAL digging and your voice will be heard a lot louder than sitting on the sideline whining about how you think things should be on PRIVATELY OWNED LAND.
The fact is... Summit Ridge has gone to great length to please the masses and once the building was slowed to do some beautifying and replanting, many of the builders disappeared and we are in need of a few quality builders but, we would rather take our time even if it takes several years and build it right than rush through the building process to please some people. I apologize if Gannonball run hasn't been running lately but it will be soon. I just ask that people have some patience.

#5 ·
The Dirty Eyeball said:
Talk goes nowhere. Building, riding and progressing the sport are what we do. We can't please everyone (even though we tried), but I have to say that the trail we "tore out" was a hazard and had been dilapidated to the point that the jumps were no more than mistimed hucks to flat. Not cool. A lot of very smart, talented and experienced people(including the original builders) have gotten on board with the land owners to develop a well planned expert/pro level trail unlike any seen before in the area. In addition, we have revamped the berm track, machine-built one of the best trails for 4x/ds training around and nearly completed an entirely new intermediate/advanced freeride line. Summit Ridge is a unique place and we will continue to build and maintain unique and challenging trails for all skill levels. Our goal is not to imitate any other freeride park, but to provide our community with the park it needs based on the input of local experts and enthusiasts who have donated their time and sweat to the effort.
Huge thanks to Real Life Church, and to all the volunteers who have made Summit Ridge such an awesome place. Keep up the great work!
I'm impressed, that's a REALLY good answer!

Justin

#6 ·
snwwlkr said:
once the building was slowed to do some beautifying and replanting, many of the builders disappeared and we are in need of a few quality builders but, we would rather take our time even if it takes several years and build it right than rush through the building process to please some people.
That's the right way to go. You guys built a hell of alot in a short amount of time. Best dial in what you got, get all the wrinkles smoothed out, get a good idea of who's gonna be steady, and get dialed on the long-term.

#7 · (Edited)
The Dirty Eyeball said:
but I have to say that the trail we "tore out" was a hazard and had been dilapidated to the point that the jumps were no more than mistimed hucks to flat.)

funny you mention that because before they were "mistimed hucks to flat" they were nice jumps but a few builders (the same ones building out there now) screwed them up.
Even then it was fixable. The lower section you are tearing out now was great just like it was.
What you are doing is removing an intermediate/advanced line that a lot of people loved and building a pro line that very few will even be able to ride. The smart thing would have been to repair A-line and build your new Pro-line where the old line got torn out.

End of my rant. Broken Arm Farm rest in peace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.