mtbr member
    May 2009

Stolen! Specialized Enduro and Acura Integra - Everett

Update: Got my car back yesterday, mostly intact. They took my bike though. Also stole my cheapo blue Bell helmet and red offbrand Camelback style backpack with all my bike gear/tools in it. Please call me if you have any information about my bike.

Someone stole my red 1990 Acura Integra GS today in Everett. Car has faded paint, black steel front wheels and polished aluminum rear wheels.

Inside the car is my fully custom 2002 Specialized Enduro. Bike is powdercoated gunmetal grey with no stickers at all. Front fork is a Maverick Duc-32 spray painted black. Crankset is Shimano SLX. Rear shock is a 5th Element coil. Brakes are a Juicy 7 front and Juicy 7 Ultimate rear.

If anyone sees the car or the bike can you please call me at 206-407-7229 immediately. Thank you,
    Justin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Stolen! Specialized Enduro and Acura Integra - Everett-bike.jpg  

Last edited by pressingonward; 12-23-2010 at 08:00 PM.

Last word is all yours...
    Oh man that sucks too hard. Sorry for your double loss.

Keep an eye on CL and pawn shops; the thief was probably going after the car and the bike was incidental, so most likely doesn't know or care as much about bikes.

Best of luck recovering your goods.

Good pic of PRT, btw.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Yeah, I love PRT

Here's a pic of my car. I would have thought the terrible paint and layer of mud would keep people from stealing it

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Here's a couple more shots of the bike. If anyone sees any of the parts floating around let me know. I don't have a clue what they'll do with the bike. Hopefully they'll either leave it alone or be dumb enough to ride it around until someone spots it.

I walk the line
    Watch Craigslist. Most bike theives are dumb and just want to fence your bike for $20 or a quick hit of meth. Those bastards
    My girlfriend stole my hipster jeans.

Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Definitely keep your eye out at pawn shops for the bike. That's the quickest way that stolen items get found.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Got my car back yesterday! The thieves abandoned it in a daycare parking lot. They stole my mountain bike, cd collection, Streamlight, sunglasses, and my biking backpack with biking gear and tools. It sounds like they disconnected the exhaust to steal the catalytic converter, but I think it's still on there.

They drove the car 50ish miles, put some gas in it (probably siphoned from someone's car), and left a bunch of stuff in it. I found a scissor jack, lug wrench, two gas cans, two pairs of women's sweatpants, a metal cigarette case, an empty cigarette pack, a pair of soaking wet Nike's that smelled like wet dog, and a list of names and phone numbers with dollar amounts next to each one. I turned it all over to the police; hopefully they actually follow up on it.

I can't really watch the pawnshops since I live an hour and a half from Everett, but I'm watching Craigslist. Hopefully the bike will turn up.

Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Sounds like you got robbed by some mechanicly inclined, heavy smoking women who liked to run in the rain and may now be walking the streets half naked! ;-)
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    congrats on finding the car. i have to agree with mellow that they'll probably try to pawn it off. there are a bunch of pawn shops in everett and it might be worth it to dedicate a day to going to em all. since your bike is nicer than the average 10-speed it's more likely that a shop will price it higher, which means more likely that it will sit around for longer.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bik/2127814059.html

Kinda seems a little suspicious to me.
    Maybe check it out?

mtbr member
    bought it cause it looked tight

That is usually why I buy stuff. (cocknocker)

Last word is all yours...
    Nope, that doesn't sound suspicious at all. I typically throw down 2g's on a bike I don't even know the name of, then ride it 4 hours and part with it for 1/3 the price. Don't tell me I'm alone here.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    even if that isn't your stolen bike, i'm pretty sure it's someone's. from their post, it sounds like that person is either 10 or a moron.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Anyone else ask for the photo?

ATinkerer

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    from the guy, no i was gonna wait till the op said if he was gonna contact the guy or not. I dont want him getting suspicious if alot of people are contacting him all of a sudden.

Besides i live 3hrs away from everett so im not really close enough to investigate

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Craigs list posting

I'm not a lot closer than you, but a little interest at his price may keep him from parting or taking it to a pawn shop.

Will be interesting to see if I get a photo in response.

ATinkerer

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I live close to Everett and I did email him but didn't hear back. If I got my bike jacked and I thought it was mine being sold on Craigslist, I would arrange to meet the guy and bring a can of mace and a bat. That's me though.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by InlawBiker
    I live close to Everett and I did email him but didn't hear back. If I got my bike jacked and I thought it was mine being sold on Craigslist, I would arrange to meet the guy and bring a can of mace and a bat. That's me though.
    There have been many cases like this where the owner has the cops back him up. Much safer and often lead to a stash of stolen goods.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    Yea but then he doesn't get his ass beat by a baseball bat and maced for fun and laughter!

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    that's a tough call; be the upstanding citizen and inform the cops or go over there with a tire iron. i've had a bike stolen and would definitely feel compelled to choose the latter, but you can never trust a thief. the last thing you want is to give an already amoral person, who may be armed, a reason to shoot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba
    Yea but then he doesn't get his ass beat by a baseball bat and maced for fun and laughter!

oh? i would think that's exactly when it would happen. cops love that kind of entertainment
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    yea all joking around, thats the problem.

like they say, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    After I cooled off I would call the cops instead of bringing a bat... no use getting shot over a bike. Anyway he did email me back today, I got two emails. Below is what he wrote. There is no phone number or picture still, so obviously this bike is stolen. No way to know if it's the same bike. I'm not going to write the dude back anymore, but hopefully the OP ends up getting his bike back somehow.

Re: Bike

i really dont now about the bike the only thing i now is how much to sell it for my camras broken right now if u have transportation u could come check it out its worth the drive only reson im selling it because i have to pay my bond or i goto jail

----

Re: Bike

tonight my mom gets off work and ill get her camra and try but sometimes wont let upload pics

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by InlawBiker
    (quoted from craigslist poster) i really dont now about the bike the only thing i now is how much to sell it for

Seems like that's about half of craigslist right now (and the pinkbike classifieds)