Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Hope stolen s works epic

My friends 2010 carbon s works epic got stolen from Renton on Monday June 11th out of his car. its in new condition because he never ever rides it. it is size XL and has XTR with egg beater pedals and a 1500 lumen Surfas head light. It was on the hotel survalence camera and the person was a 6ft white male with a coat and baseball cap. It was stolen from the Comfort suit Hotel by Family Fun Center Please if any one see it let me know, thanks. Oh one more thing the bike still has the origial price tag on the front of the bike on the brake cable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stolen s works epic-steves-s-works-epic.jpg  

Last edited by Glen Campbell; 06-12-2012 at 11:25 PM.
    The Jackster. you must earn your turns and ride to the top.

FKA Malibu412
    That's older than a 2010. '08 maybe? Anyway, if he never, ever rides it, what's the problem?? I jest. Good luck to your friend in recovering his bike.
    Everything that kills me, makes me feel alive

mtbr member
    Contact Ben's Loan in Renton, and the Pawn Exchange on Rainier ave. They are both popular pawn shops in the area.

That's a very distinct bike so it shouldn't be hard to spot. I'll let all my riding buddies in the area know and we will keep an eye out for it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I had my 2011 Epic stolen last summer in Port Orchard. I filed as police report, and supplied the serial #. I contacted Old Town (where I bought it), they said that if the bike ever goes into a certified shop, the serial number is recorded, and it will be flagged as stolen. REALLY pisssed me off. Luckly I had insurance on it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks guys, i will check the local pawn shops.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    It's on craigslist! The guy didn't even bother removing the water bottle -

I can't post links because I don't have enough posts. Maybe this will work -

seattle.craigslist.org/est/bik/3094019432.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nice work. He has two pictures, different bikes, in the ad. One looks exactly as the stolen bike, the other seems to be new, probably from the web. Lists location as Redmond, someone in the area get this guy!

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Nice work. He has two pictures, different bikes, in the ad. One looks exactly as the stolen bike, the other seems to be new, probably from the web. Lists location as Redmond, someone in the area get this guy!
    Would be awesome to take it for a 'test ride' and just not come back. Been done before.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Just PM'd GlenCampbell in case nobody else had already sent him a message directly. I hope they nail him.

Just roll it......
    Egg beater pedals. Thomson stem. Can't see the layback post, but I'd say that's the one.

On a different note though.....the dude still has the original price tag on the bike? Does he seriously ever ride the bike? Shameful!

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'm thinking he may have grabbed the price tag off a new one.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Notice that the ad is for a stumpjumper, and the bike is actually an epic. If I'm buying an S-Works anything, I'm going to be fairly certain of the model...

I actually replied to the add, requesting his phone # so that we can use text to communicate

I would imagine that law enforcement should get involved ASAP. Hoping Glen sees this soon...

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    I'm thinking he may have grabbed the price tag off a new one.
    nah, Glenn said above that the bike still had the pricetags on it from the owner. That tells me that thing never gets ridden.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Here's the phone number for the guy selling it....he responded to my email quickly when I said I was interested. 425-444-0231

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Anyone have luck with this yet? I live on the east side but will be busy until tomorrow night...

I didn't do it
    I hope all this attention doesn't spook the thief. I'd say GC and the cops need to get on this ASAP!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I received a call/voicemail. Same number - 425-444-0231 she said her name was Karen, and seemed to be in a rush to sell the bike. She said they're leaving for vacation this weekend, then moving out of town, etc. I haven't called/texted back. It's probably not it Glen's best interest in getting the bike back if a ton of people are contacting these people.

I didn't do it
    It seems like I saw something fairly recently on the news about the police actually recovering a stolen bike on Craig's List after it was brought to their attention. It seems like this is a golden opportunity to recover a bike and it would be a shame if that doesn't happen in this case.

mtbr member
    I talked with the OPs roommate not long ago and it sounds like the police are involved and the bike has been recovered or will be recovered shortly..

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    I talked with the OPs roommate not long ago and it sounds like the police are involved and the bike has been recovered or will be recovered shortly..

Moist and Delicious
    Awesome news. I'd love to hear the final results/jailtime/bike condition.
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks everyone for the help, i will let you know the outcome soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Epic stolen

Check the Craigslist seattle search S-Works i ran across this picture in the past 2 days.

mtbr member
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mfisher1971 View Post
    Perfect!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast