Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Stolen bike - Please keep an eye out

My bike was stolen from my garage last night.

2013 Stumpjumper Expert Evo Carbon Medium frame
    2013 Fox 34 fork (say Talas on arch but was converted to a float)
    Sram XX1 drivetrain
    2013 Roval Traverse SL carbon wheelset
    Schwalbe Hans Dampf/Nobby Nic tires
    MRP AMG bash/guide
    Specialized Command post blacklite
    SRAM XX front shifter moded to control command post
    ODI SDG grips (black)
    Raceface SixC carbon bars
    Specialized Proset 75mm stem
    Cateye Stada bike computer
    Specialized Henge seat
    Rock Guardz carbon downtube protector
    2012 Shimano M785 XT icetech brakes
    2012 Shimano M785 XT pedals
    Shimano RT86 180/160 XT icetech rotors

I parts are slightly different, but here is what it looks like.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Damn thieves. Since I sit around using a computer a lot of the day/night, I'll keep an eye out on the usual sites.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Sh***t, Mr. Lynch...that really sucks. It's a sweet ride -- I'll put the word out to all of our non-mtbr'ed crew.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear. Keep an eye out in your neighborhood. My buddy just recovered his bike by "stealing" it back from the kid down the street.
    - Be Someone

EMBA Member
    Saw your stolen bike post on craigslist this morning. Dang. That is really a downer. You can ride my old all mountain bike until you get your's back if you want. It is a heavy POS, but everything works fine and I'll lend it to you if you want.

mtbr member
    it was taken between 2 am and 4 am and looks like it was a person on foot. a quick grab and ride away. found my rack (which sometimes sticks to the wide front tire) at the edge of my yard
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

that sucks man.

wishing you the absolute best of luck getting that sweet *ss bike back.

Rider
    Sorry to hear about the news. I will keep an eye out, be sure to make up some posters for all the local bike shops.

mtbr member
    Sucks man, especially with that X11 on there too.

I always keep my bikes locked-up, even when in my garage (chained to the water heater). I could just see some local crack head seeing me unloading one day and mark my place as a target....
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Lynch View Post
    it was taken between 2 am and 4 am and looks like it was a person on foot. a quick grab and ride away. found my rack (which sometimes sticks to the wide front tire) at the edge of my yard
    Oh, Gawd that makes me sick man. I followed your posts on the Specialized forum where you lovingly built it up. I really really hope it makes its way back to you.

To help the rest of us out, can you explain more clearly how it was taken ? Did they break into your garage and how ? Did they open the big door or what ? What part of town do you live in (ie urban seattle, suburban bellevue).

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Oh man thats really horrible Lynch. Will keep an eye out for sure and really hope you get reunited. As someone else already offered, I have a rockhopper 26 HT that you are more than welcome to use if you like. Its no SJ but keeps you on the trails.

mtbr member
    I wanted to thank everyone for the support and offers of bikes! It is very cool of the community. I do have a 29er Hardtail that I ride a few times a months so that will be my main bike for a bit until the

It appears the thief(s) went thru the main garage door. The officer showed me how easy it actually is to get into a garage with an electric door opener. I'm definitely going to lock my bikes up from now on and add an alarm system. I'm just glad nobody tried to access the house from the garage or anything like that.

My insurance fully covered everything, so now I get to start all over. I'm still holding out hope my bike turns up but I know it is probably unlikely. It was only 4 months old and I had just got it dialed in and ready for the riding season.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    At least insurance is covering the full amount, I've heard of people having to fight for months to get anything close to that. Good luck man. On the plus side, at least now you know exactly what to buy and how to get it dialed in!
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    So, opening a garage door is easy? Is it done manually or did the theives steal your signal and open it electronically?

I too had a bike stolen from in front of my house a couple years ago. My family and friends think I'm crazy but my bikes go from one locked spot inside the garage to locked in the back of my truck for transport and back. Unless I'm riding them they are locked.

mtbr member
    You can do it manually with simple tools. Definitely picking up a large cable to lock up the bikes from now on.
    Hopefully others do the same because it SUCKS big time losing your favorite toy.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just about Every house or door or window is easy to break in too. Locks just stop he honest people from stealing your stuff

I didn't do it
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Just about Every house or door or window is easy to break in too. Locks just stop he honest people from stealing your stuff
    Well its better than nuthin. Combined with an alarm it will at least decrease the odds that the thief will actually get the bike. But sure, pretty much all dwellings can be broken into but you have to do something.

EMBA Member
    So the most important question to ask now that we know you are getting full reimbursement is - Are you going to recreate what you just lost or, if not, what do you have in mind? So many possibilities.

Don't worry, be happy!
    What area are you in?
    Here in Spocompton, we run a big motorcycle cable through all the frames, chain them all together.

mtbr member
    It's tough. I'm curious about the whole 650b thing, but I LOVED that SJ. It's hard to beat a 25lb 6" bike with fairly beefy parts. I'm 160lbs so the 34 was a huge upgrade over any 32 I've owned and the Traverse carbon wheels are pretty bombproof.

The only thing I'm certain of is the XX1 drivetrain. I'm sticking with that. I'd pretty very happy if my bike was returned unharmed though. I only got to ride it for 4 months. It is barely broke in!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I'm a few blocks from the Tapeworm trail area in Renton.
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Gun the bastids down like they do in Maple valley and Enumclaw!!!

mtbr member
    Hey Chris, any word on the bike? On a side note I noticed that you had Conti Trail kings on there... what'd you think of them? I picked up a set for the slash and am running them tubeless, so far so good.
    Gotta love that government cheese...

mtbr member
    Nothing on the bike yet, but the replacement build is under way. Currently stripping an s-works enduro for parts! My fame comes in next week.

Trail kings are some of the best tires i have ever run. you wont be disappointed. I ran mine at 21 psi (but im under 170 all geared up.)

The bike had schwalbe hans dampf/nobby nic tires when it was taken. Great combo too!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    I've got that one Trail King that I don't think I'm going to use if you want it. I'm feeling pretty hooked up on the Schwalbes!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast