mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Stevens Pass this year

Anyone hear any buzz about Stevens for 2012 yet?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    With this much snow and potential for more in the next month, the season may be shorter than last year. If that's even possible...But, who can even think about it with months to go yet?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Shorter than last year? I think we can pull off more than 4 days. Will start pusing snow after next weekend to help the melt. Keep fingers crossed for warm weather. I am thinking about it everyday!

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Borneo View Post
    With this much snow and potential for more in the next month, the season may be shorter than last year. If that's even possible...But, who can even think about it with months to go yet?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hey, I had a sloppy muddy great time though. Hoping for more days. But.... You all have some work cut out for ya. Dig it out and open it and maybe I can splitboard in the morning on Tye and ride in the afternoon on Brooks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    You may get your wish!?!?!?

Joel

mtbr member
    Stevens Pass is further from Bellingham than Whistler is but I plan to visit at least once this year. I'll wait till Joel says it's dry and fast though Maybe we can ride together?
    "It looks flexy"

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Will keep you guys posted. We will make some laps for sure.

Joel

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gticlay View Post
    Stevens Pass is further from Bellingham than Whistler is but I plan to visit at least once this year. I'll wait till Joel says it's dry and fast though Maybe we can ride together?
    It's about 15 miles closer, yes.. But it can take much longer if the border doesn't cooperate.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by thesacrifice View Post
    It's about 15 miles closer, yes.. But it can take much longer if the border doesn't cooperate.
    At that time of day, never had an issue. Anyway, looking forward to trying Stevens this year.
    "It looks flexy"

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    Just got back from eastern BC last week. Snow levels in Creston were 2500 on the north slopes, hit 18' snowdrifts which ended killing the rest of my ride. But sure was fun to ride on dry rocky roads for a bit.

We drove back via Highway 2 from Sandpoint via Stevens to gauge the snow levels, not as bad as I imagined. If we get some moderately warm weather I think this year is going to be way better for riding up there. I'm more curious about nearby Captain Point for some XC riding, so I'll let you know what I find out next month when we return to Scenic to watch trains and ride.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....