Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Stevens Pass Bike Park : Advanced Jump Line

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  TopScoobLego 
#1 ·
Facebook update says it is 50% complete and will open for riding on Saturday, Sept 21. If they're going to open it at 50% completion I wonder why they wouldn't just open it this weekend? Maybe they got the dates screwed up? Anyway, the pics look cool. Looking forward to riding the trail before they close.

#2 ·
From the lift today I saw people riding it on "small" bikes, it was very rough, and they looked way better than me... Not sure I'll even try it next week unless there's a lot of new work, but I hope the jumps are not just for *advanced* riders.

Btw, I don't know if I am imagining things but both LI and SW seem much harder than last year. And can't wait for the beginner trail

#4 ·
kinda late but i rode stevens today, trails were nasty, ride able but nasty, was glad to have 7.5"+ suspension under me all day and i only rode rock crusher, can only imagine what some of the others looked like... the advanced jump line looks sick, its put together well, saw a few people riding it, all on rentals or similarly equipped rigs. some nasty ruts and such all over. very fun day but you had to ride careful, ground was loose and slippery not to mention all the larger rocks exposed from the washout and even further than that the 8"+ drops over rocks that had the dirt washed out from the back of them. nothing you wouldnt expect from a good dh/fr run but this was on the most groomed, lowest expertise run up there.

had a great time, not complaining, just saying, its rough. probably will be the last 2 weeks of the season. hoping to go up the last 2 sundays but probably wont if the weather is looking like this the couple days before...

#6 ·
for sure, weather outlook says clearing up thursday, not that you can really believe it in the long run but hopes are up for a dry couple days and hopefully they can smooth out some of the crap for the festival! i really want to go back up a couple more times but it just might not happen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.