Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    A little late on the update, but the first work party last week went well. We cleared a ton of trail and making good progress. Doesnt look like we are going to get a work party in this week because we are trying to get materials together to build the first bridge before we continue building down below.

Stay tuned, we will be ramping back up after 4th of July weekend!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Another work party has been posted for tomorrow night (7/16).

Evergreen MTB Calendar

Things are coming along really well. 90% of the trail has been cleared of organics and the top few corners have been rough shaped. Unfortunately the dry weather has us working with moon dust. We do have a rain barrel set up on site that we intend to fill with another rain barrel loaded in a truck. Although its not ideal, its what we have to work with.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    "Another work party has been posted for tomorrow night (7/16)."

Good to know, I'm going to try to be there. Parenthood allowing

EMBA Member
    Working swing shift sure makes it tough to get out there to help during the week. I am looking forward to getting back out there to check it out soon. Now, if you ever have a work party on a Sunday......

Feeling guilty in South Seattle,
    Slim

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Its been a while since we've had a work party, but that doesn't mean we are not working. Not a sure thing yet and I will post it here, but I would like to have another work party next week. In the meantime, enjoy a few pictures of the recent updates.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails St. Edward State Park - Pipeline Trail Work Parties-20140730_174947.jpg  

St. Edward State Park - Pipeline Trail Work Parties-20140802_094647.jpg  

St. Edward State Park - Pipeline Trail Work Parties-20140802_095005_hdr.jpg  

St. Edward State Park - Pipeline Trail Work Parties-20140802_094939.jpg  

mtbr member
    i've checked out this phase 2 flowtronish trail looks awesome. so glad to see stuff like this getting made.

looks like they're sort of a hip jump heading into one turn. love that. moar that.

looking forward to upcoming work parties if i can make them. thanks, flux!
    :: hf ::

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Sweet!

EMBA Member
    Good Stuff! Thanks so much Man. Slim

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Here we go. I just posted another work party for this coming Wednesday, August 13th.

Evergreen MTB Calendar

sorry SlimL, weekends are tough during the summer but rest assured that we will have a few weekend work parties to get this trail buffed out.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it!

EMBA Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fluxcapacitor View Post
    sorry SlimL, weekends are tough during the summer but rest assured that we will have a few weekend work parties to get this trail buffed out.

I look forward to seeing everyone that can make it!
    That's OK my friends just as long as you don't hold it against me when I come out to ride. I will make it up to you all by doing some work on Towers of Power. Then it will be clear to ride if you ever make it down this way.
    Slim

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Hey, it was nice working on the trail on Wednesday. Looking forward to more work parties Cheers!~

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thought I would post a quick update.

There have been a few complaints surrounding phase II but these were addressed at the Friends of St Eds meeting last night with Ranger Mo present. Not only is Mo 100% behind us (as he has been all along) the Friends of group is elated with the concept and progress. The complainers are known entities and have zero impact on our goal (however, please be respectful to ALL users...dont know why i felt compelled to write that since everyone here is anyway).

The hot and sunny weather has finally given way to the occasional rain and for those of you who have been on the trail you know what a blessing this is. It has settled very nicely and is riding pretty well now. There are still a lot of places that are well protected from the rains and have yet to pack out, but we will address those areas.

There is still a lot of work to do on Phase II and I will be posting a work party soon. Stay tuned and hope to see quite a few of you out there!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    TREE DOWN. I figure this is the best place to post this. FYI. Riding St. Ed's last night and stopped by about a 7-10" thick tree over a trail. I do not have a saw for this and it's in the park.

It's about 1/2 down the trail that is a nice downhill heading towards the ravine before the trail splits and you can go up to either side of the ravine. Tree really blends into the trail in twilight. The ravine is the one close to the road right after crossing the street at the top of the hill with the red light.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Got it pin-pointed and reported to Ranger Mo. Also told him about it last evening and he said he'd get to it asap.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Thank you to bavgumbo and TFitz for getting that taken care of!

Possible short notice work party this weekend (Sat 10/18 or Sun 10/19). Dont have the details yet but if you are interested stay tuned here as well as EMBA calendar. Once I get it worked out I will post it up. Basically we want to take advantage of this wetter weather and get a few more of the turns dialed in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3