mtbr member

Spring Lake/ Lake Desire RR

8 of us rode Spring Lake/ Lake Desire last night. The trails are in beautiful shape right now. Dry, fast, smooth and grippy. The few mud spots I saw last week have all hardened up and the riding is outstanding. The Nettles aren't bad yet and brush hasn't taken over...yet.

The riding in the area is similar to Taylor Mountain (smooth buff), except it is in thick Forest and it is 90% singletrack riding. Not too many ride out there and I bet a lot of people don't even know about the area so it is rare to see other riders.

If your looking for somewhere new to ride on the south end (Renton area) that isn't a long drive I highly recommend it. It is located in Fairwood, less than 10 minutes from the Tapeworm area and is loaded with lots smooth fast singletrack in a forest that reminds me of parts of the Olympic mountains. If your interested in checking it out take a look at the Wiki page at Evergreen Trail:Spring Lake Lake Desire Park - Evergreen Trail Guide.

I'll probably post up a map real soon of a fun 10 mile loop that we like to ride. Even iof you dont know where to go just bring the map listed on the KC site or on Evergreen and explore around!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks Mr. Lynch. Nice report! A map would be great. I have not made it over to the trails yet.