Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Spokane trails

754 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ghoulwe 
#1 ·
I’ve been on my road bike a lot lately because I didn’t want to thrash the trails while they were muddy. Since the rain has calmed down, I’ve gotten my mountain bike back out, and I thought I’d give a report on the trail conditions I’ve seen,

Riverside state park: I hit the trails in the morning while everything was still frozen. There is a lot of mud there and in the flat parts there is standing water on a lot of trails. Go in the morning when things are frozen, and watch for Ice. I wouldn’t suggest going in the afternoon.

The South hill bluff: I’ve been riding here a lot because it is relatively free of mud, there are some muddy spots, but overall, it pretty good.

Has anyone been on Beacon Hill lately?

#4 ·
Saturday 2-20 Beacon Ride Report

We had a big group ride Beacon yesterday (about 13 of us), leaving from the golf course parking lot. The singletrack to the towers was very "greasy" all the way to the top. Once on the other side, though, things improved considerably. Most everything east of the towers was in good shape. That northwest-facing slope from the parking lot to the towers is now in that frost/thaw cycle that makes for a very muddy, slick trail. We came down the south-facing doubletrack back to the cars after hitting about 10-11 miles up there.

Enjoy,

MTBmoose

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.