I5Troll

South Fork Snoqualmie -- Phase 2 Target

Quick update... Here's where we hope to get to this year before we get snowed out...

That's Harris Lake at ~3750 ft.

And that was Tor from Mountains to Sound Greenway and Kevin from Evergreen.

That's 6 miles of new trail. When connected with Phase 1, it can be a ~16 mile out'n'back or hook up some road and it can be a ~17 mile reverse lollipop. Elevation profiles to follow.

We currently have a big excavator working on road decommissioning and road-to-trails conversion near Harris Lake, and a mini-ex working on the new trail closer to Phase 1.

Stay tuned for work parties early in Sept!!

It's going to be byoooootiful!!

Last word is all yours...
    I'm having a Double Rainbow Moment!!!
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Now we're talking.... Nice!

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    This is just so cool! Combined with Phase 1/Hansen Ridge this will be a legit place to ride. Good stuff!
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Nice work! I'll try to get out their to throw some dirt with ya.

Last word is all yours...
    I will help dig as well, but only if I get to ride with Kevin in his jeep at 60Mph up the FR.
    --
    -bp

Cheesiest
    I'll try to get out and help a bit

mtbr member
    May 2004
    That lake looks like good swimming!
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Harris Lake

Well, you CAN swim in it, but it is shallow and swampy and stinky bubbles come to the surface when you disturb the bottom. That doesn't stop me when the temp. hits 80 though.
    Visited there earlier this month for the first time in at least a dozen years, place has not changed much other than the VERY overgrown road. Picked up all the spent shells and broken glass and fished all but one of the cans out of the lake. The last one I couldn't reach because I forgot my swim goggles. I'm much more of a hiker than a biker, but perhaps after the road is cleared I will put some air in the tires and come back for that last can. Have fun, y'all!
    -Trashpicker

P.S. Please support Friends of the trail, volunteers and money always welcome!

I5Troll
    Awesome, Trashpicker! When we got there last week it seemed like nobody had been there for years. No signs of trash at all. Thanks a ton!

Moist and Delicious
    Now that's giving back... awesome thanks to Trashpicker!
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Wade Holden and Friends of the Trail have been doing awesome work for many, many years picking up trash and dumped cars in our forests. The amount of crap he/they have cleaned up is amazing. Much appreciated!!!

Just a reminder to all bikers that when you see garbage or litter on the trail, pick it up and pack it out. We've got a good reputation of leaving a place cleaner than when we found it, let's keep it that way. Nothing bugs me more than trash in the forest.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Website
    Page Title
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks for all the appreciation, I seldom know whether or not my work gets noticed!
    There was a fair amount of trash from the days when anyone could drive to the lake,
    though I have seen far worse.
    -Trashpicker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails South Fork Snoqualmie -- Phase 2 Target-harris_trash.jpg  

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Another lake nearby

Here is a hiker challenge for you, if you want to stash the bikes and take a side trip through the woods there is another even smaller lake not far from Harris lake.
    See if you can find it!
    -Trashpicker
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails South Fork Snoqualmie -- Phase 2 Target-harris_tarn2.jpg