Last word is all yours...

Soaring Eagle conditions

Went for a ride out there today for the first time in a while. Simply put, the conditions were some of the best I've seen there before. No puddles or slop pits anywhere. I came back from my ride with a clean bike and pack; K.C. has done a lot of work to fix the worst (drainage) sections and it's really paid off. Trails are mostly hero dirt with large sections blanketed in leaf fall. It was deserted. That's an underrated experience - having an entire square mile of solid singletrack to yourself on a beautiful Saturday.

There is one temporary closure in the middle of the park - from marker post #16 north to marker post #5 (including points 23, 24, 25, 7, 6 - BWC, North Trail, Sleigh Ride and Double D). The closure is for owls that are aggressively defending their territory (see here).

Anyway, if you're looking for some lonely, nostalgic trail riding on clean singletrack around the eastside, Soaring Eagle is it.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    I love this time of year... Not TOO muddy yet, a few days of dry, sunny weather, and fallen/falling leaves. Not a mudfest. No moondust. Just cool air, the smell of autumn, and smooth, grippy trails.
    trust the tread

'06 Cannondale Prophet 1000
    '07 Bianchi Roger

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    One of my favorite places to ride. There's a couple really good flowy loops in there and it's nowhere nearly as bad mud wise as it used to be 3-4 years ago. Even better if you connect with Duthie than it's a little bit of everything.

The owl closure thing is somewhat oddly signed. I only saw the sign on one of the posts having just ridden the trail that it says is closed (had no idea since there was no sign on the other side that I saw). Anyway, didn't have any run ins with angry owls.