Last word is all yours...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Snow on Tiger: avoid the high elevation trails until clear

--
    -bp

FM
    luxatio erecta
    I was up there today working on silent swamp with Tyler, Brian and a few co-workers. Aside from the snow up top, the entire mountain seems pretty saturated- springs were popping up everywhere and tons of water crossing the roads and trails lower down. We uncorked a drainage that held easily 250 gallons of water! Seriously our dogs were swimming in it.

we brought bikes but not riding was an easy call!

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Did it clear up/ dry out over the week? We ran into the snow on 4/30 and backed off. Very cold up top. Hoping to ride on 5/7. Anyone have a weekend report?

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Couple of drifts along side the road near the top, otherwise no snow left. Trail is a touch greasy. Preston is still wet, but not bad at all for May. Looked like nearly everyone in Seattle with a bike was riding up there today, and pretty close to as many hikers.

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    OK. Thx for the update. This dry spell should clean things up nicely. I'll post after Tuesdays ride. BKOB

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Rode it yesterday in the afternoon. First time the river on Preston actually felt good and refreshing as it was up to 85 in the shade. Lots of hikers on NW Timber and a lot of riders coming up the trail (Preston), more than I have ever seen.

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Right on! Good call! I'm leaving the fenders home tomorrow

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dawgman25 View Post
    Rode it yesterday in the afternoon. First time the river on Preston actually felt good and refreshing as it was up to 85 in the shade. Lots of hikers on NW Timber and a lot of riders coming up the trail (Preston), more than I have ever seen.
    yes it felt great when i crashed out into a small stream on my way down i was one of them hikers on my way up

Man of Faith
    Oct 2011
    Rode E. Summit/ Preston/ NW Timber this afternoon. Everything's in great shape right now. Handful of puddles on Preston but super duper for early May! You trail builders who did all that work up there absolutely ROCK! We'll be joining the fun this year. You've inspired us!