mtbr member

Snow riding= Good fun!

I went out and rode the Silkworm and Tapeworm today. It was a lot of fun and the snow was suprizingly grippy. Wood features were slick but ridable, however logs and roots were really tough.

Anyone else ride in the snow?

mtbr member
    We went to duthie yesterday, liked like a blizzard there for a while in the clearing. Hard to maintain speed for jumps but good to get out just the same. Did I mention I just got a brand new enduro from cc? Love it!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Nice morning ride in Anacortes.
    The trails were had good traction compared to the roads in town.
    pics here-

Anacortes Forest Lands Trail Conditions -- Snowy?
    Rocky Mountain Element
    Orbea Lobular CX

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Went out and rode Henry's Ridge after work. Somebody flocked all the ferns!! It was a lot of fun. Just got to watch out for those sneaky roots under the snow!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow riding= Good fun!-anaconda-snow.jpg  

mtbr member
    I rode Grand Ridge during Sunday's snowfall. It was like riding in Narnia. One of the coolest rides I've done in my life.
    "What do I know of You who spoke me into motion? Where have I even stood but along the shore of Your ocean?"

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Uruk-hai View Post
    I rode Grand Ridge during Sunday's snowfall. It was like riding in Narnia. One of the coolest rides I've done in my life.
    Haha nice...

i hope you were packing heat in case you ran into a Yeti.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    Haha nice...

i hope you were packing heat in case you ran into a Yeti.
    HA! No, I forgot my AR-15 along with my spare tubes.

Thought I heard a Yeti but it was just brake squeal.
    "What do I know of You who spoke me into motion? Where have I even stood but along the shore of Your ocean?"

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    To get some real snow, you need to go to "Outpost 31"! This pic is from Sunday--it's probably hub-deep there by now.

Of course, you'll need to pack heat in the form of a flamethrower: If a seemingly friendly Malamute running towards you on the road suddenly sprouts tentacles, projectile weapons aren't going to do you any good.

mtbr member
    We "attempted" to do our usual wednesday night ride. The snow was deep with a thick ice crust, so we had to walk 1/2 of the Silkworm, which is a mostly down trail.We didnt even attempt riding the Tapeworm.

habitual line-stepper
    props for even heading out! this freezing rain is weird. i hope tomorrow is not too bad, was hoping to get out to BD.

there's been a lot of new digging on silkworm, at least in the past 2 months that i've been nursing a sprained MCL (suffered on silkworm). its coming together nice, can't wait til it packs in a little. kudos to the builders!
    Quote Originally Posted by vBulletin
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by WETYC... View Post
    To get some real snow, you need to go to "Outpost 31"! This pic is from Sunday--it's probably hub-deep there by now.

Of course, you'll need to pack heat in the form of a flamethrower: If a seemingly friendly Malamute running towards you on the road suddenly sprouts tentacles, projectile weapons aren't going to do you any good.
    LOL, is that at the top of Evolution at Galby? Man you guys are determined to grind up all that in the snow.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    3 things that I didnt think about prior to the snow ride... #1 My flat pedals would ice over...need to spray em down with Pam maybe... #2 My rear cassette & rear derailuer got all iced up as well...maybe more cooking spray?

And #3 It takes some MUSCLE to get moving in snow, even the light fluffy stuff slows you down, we did 10 miles and I'm still feeling it 2 days later.

So plan your ride accordingly...don't get stuck X miles out when your pedals, gears & legs give up the ghost.

mtbr member
    May 2011

Grocery run

Did five miles to the grocery store and back in Redmond. The local trails are impassable, but the roads work and they are almost completely abandonded. Great ride for working on bike handeling skills! There were literally no cars around so I stopped and propped my bike up in the middle of the road for a quick photo shoot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow riding= Good fun!-wp_001229.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by timewstr View Post
    Did five miles to the grocery store and back in Redmond. The local trails are impassable, but the roads work and they are almost completely abandonded. Great ride for working on bike handeling skills! There were literally no cars around so I stopped and propped my bike up in the middle of the road for a quick photo shoot.
    Very nice! You gotta get out, I hope you got some beet while at store!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by innovator8 View Post
    Very nice! You gotta get out, I hope you got some beer while at store!
    Why do you think I left the house?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I'm down in Lacey and we have about 12" on the ground. between the rain and some melting today, everything has an evil ice crust on it. It has really brought out the itch to go for a ride though.

Hope everyone is doing ok in WA. I know there is a lot of people across the sound without power tonight.

mtbr member
    More from Redmond.

Took my ibisback frankenbike out along the river trail. Lots of fun and yeah, it's quite the workout. Being back on a hardtail made me remember how rough they can be, even on snow. The Mutano 2.4s did surprisingly well. They didn't pack with snow at all and had great traction on the hardpack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Snow riding= Good fun!-img_20120119_163924.jpg