mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Snow, Ice, Mud, Fat Bike!

This was last Sunday near Selah Wa. Riding w/ "home-spun" studded tires on this one... figured there'd be some ice. 19 degrees when I started... 40 something on the way home. Talk about variable conditions! This is what fat bikes are for (well... one of the things anyway).

Edit: Added some music from YouTube's new, improved Audio Swap system. Now they let you keep your original Audio and balance it w/ the "Audio Swap" music... cool!
    Last edited by ward; 02-07-2012 at 11:46 PM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    This was two weeks ago on the same ridge... Maxx & I packed out the trail to the top w/ snow shoes the day before...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Great vids Ward. Eastern WA always amaze me, wanting to see whats over the next ridge... On the wet side is so different, can't see further than 50ft trough the trees..

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Our (WA's) version of "big sky country"...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    In more than few ways!!!

mtbr member
    I made a little video from a snow ride the other weekend here in Spokane. Came up on a bald eagle that had just killed a rabbit and it took it up into a tree. Kinda cool

1/28SnowRide - YouTube

Radbach
    Nice vid Ward i like that you actually show the layout of land and surrounding area rather than the camera just strapped to the chest getting that handle bar trail shot.Eastern Washington is a great place to have fun i have done some fat tire riding on some Ranches and Public Lands south of Spokane.

mtbr member
    Last edited by RockyRider; 02-11-2012 at 07:29 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    The manufacturers of these bikes should give you a free one Ward, the time you put into em, i really want to get one when i actually have money for a new bikey.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

mtbr member
    Awesome Vids Ward. I am going to share a comparison

One week later, 15 miles south.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Nice Boostin'! Super MUDDY in my neighborhood today! May have to ride the Greenway. Or go looking for a shady, icy road... Windy Point maybe? You riding today?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Skookum View Post
    The manufacturers of these bikes should give you a free one Ward, the time you put into em, i really want to get one when i actually have money for a new bikey.
    Skookum, I've got two. Let me know if you want take a spin, we'll hook up somewhere.

mtbr member
    Ward, I am riding some closed trails today in the lower valley. The ground is moist, but if you wait until after noon, the sun bakes off all the moistness and leaves traction for days!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by boostin View Post
    Ward, I am riding some closed trails today in the lower valley. The ground is moist, but if you wait until after noon, the sun bakes off all the moistness and leaves traction for days!
    Don't think the sun's going to bake it off here today, really saturated!

mtbr member
    yea it is crazy how the Cowiche, Naches, and Selah areas hang on to that moisture compared to the Lower Valley

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    yea it is crazy how the Cowiche, Naches, and Selah areas hang on to that moisture compared to the Lower Valley
    'cause we're tucked in right under the east slope... closer to the mtns. Especially Cowiche!

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I should have headed (maybe still should?) to Beverly Dunes and rode some sand today!

mtbr member
    I bet the sand would be great today. Have you made it down to explore Juniper Dunes yet?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I bet the sand would be great today. Have you made it down to explore Juniper Dunes yet?
    Nope. I want to go down on a weekday when the ORV crowd is down. Looking forward to it though. You coming with me?