Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Snoq Middle Fork Rd Construction

This newsletter was posted just a couple days ago for the paving of the Middle Fork Rd.
    http://www.wfl.fhwa.dot.gov/projects...2014-03-25.pdf

Looks like midweek rides are going to be tough.

"Full road closures should be expected on the Middle Fork Road beginning as soon as
    May 5, 2014 and extending through October 31, 2014 as follows:
    Eastern Intersection of Lake Dorothy Road
    (Upper Couplet) to Middle Fork Campground
    Road Closed : 12:00pm Monday 12:00pm Friday
    Road Open*:12:00pm Friday 12:00pm Monday
    * up to 60 minute Delays Allowed
    CCC Trailhead to Middle Fork Campground
    Road Closed :
    7 Day a Week Closure - July 28, 2014 to September 26, 2014

More info can be found here...
    WFL > Projects > Washington > Middle Fork Snoqualmie River Road

All that for "$14,990,222.78"

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    Public bid process and prevailing wage............

builder
    Feb 2009
    For that price they had better do a good job that lasts for more than a few years.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Do I read that as up to 60 minute delays, even when the road is open on the weekends?

Sawyer Gnome
    Well, I'm happy to see it getting some love since that road is terrible... but that also kept the crowds away
    Raleigh XXIX

bro not pro
    well, we'll have to pedal in from North Bend along the CCC road.
    G O N Z

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Not familiar with the CCC road, how would that be done? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Not familiar with the CCC road, how would that be done? Thanks.
    that would add about 20 mi. to the ride. maybe, & i do mean maybe, you'd feel like you actually did a real ride...but i doubt it
    breezy shade

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    We could do that Norm, may have to pack a lunch though.

mtbr member

Re: Snoq Middle Fork Rd Construction

This begs the question why don't we ride midweek as many times as possible this year before this place becomes Seattle's backyard Yosemite?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nhodge View Post
    that would add about 20 mi. to the ride. maybe, & i do mean maybe, you'd feel like you actually did a real ride...but i doubt it
    Here is the CCC Rd/Trail beta Trail:CCC Road - Evergreen Trail Guide

You would do that ride AND the 3.3 mile extension trail and it would spit you out at the big parking lot.

You basically go in from the Mt Si side - one big uphill in the beginning then pretty flat and gradual. Still, it would add about 12 miles EACH WAY to the MF ride. That would indeed validate the MF part of the name.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jackd49 View Post
    Here is the CCC Rd/Trail beta Trail:CCC Road - Evergreen Trail Guide

You would do that ride AND the 3.3 mile extension trail and it would spit you out at the big parking lot.

You basically go in from the Mt Si side - one big uphill in the beginning then pretty flat and gradual. Still, it would add about 12 miles EACH WAY to the MF ride. That would indeed validate the MF part of the name.
    Thank you so much, outstanding information to have. Sounds like a great adventure.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Bummer that the seven day a week closure is when the MF is in prime condition.

Has anyone done the CCC to Goldmeyer or higher?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I'm confused about the closure - Doesn't closing CCC trailhead to Middle Fork Campground mean that the Lake Dorothy to MF campground is closed at CCC ?

Bottom line is you can't drive past the CCC trailhead for the rest of the summer?. I can't remember but I think this leaves access to the Peeler area at least (on weekends) .

That's a bummer as I do a lot of adventuring out there above and beyond biking, and I am none too psyched on the vast crowds that will now be out there in future years. One of the last slivers of redneck WA gone for good.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Greydon Clark View Post
    Bummer that the seven day a week closure is when the MF is in prime condition.

Has anyone done the CCC to Goldmeyer or higher?
    My take on the announcement is that you will NOT be allowed to ride in on the CCC trail. It's ambiguously worded, but I think they may be posting the CCC trailhead as closed for 7/28-9/26.

"Trailhead to Middle Fork Campground
    Road Closed : 7 Day a Week Closure - July 28, 2014 to September 26, 2014"

Can anyone confirm this?

EMBA Member
    Based on this news, I wanted to refresh on when middle fork trail is open etc, but the link to the trail page on EMBA.org is missing. Odd numbers days starting May 1 is what I remember. Can anyone confirm? Thanks. Gotta get it while I can this year.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    I'm confused about the closure - Doesn't closing CCC trailhead to Middle Fork Campground mean that the Lake Dorothy to MF campground is closed at CCC ?

Bottom line is you can't drive past the CCC trailhead for the rest of the summer?. I can't remember but I think this leaves access to the Peeler area at least (on weekends) .

That's a bummer as I do a lot of adventuring out there above and beyond biking, and I am none too psyched on the vast crowds that will now be out there in future years. One of the last slivers of redneck WA gone for good.
    I see how you're reading it now and that makes sense. So yeah, closed at the CCC trailhead even on weekends! That adds about 10ish miles on CCC & extension to get to gateway bridge.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Odd days starting June 1 is what I recall.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    So based on this interpretation the CCC road will be closed for hiking/bicycle access. Doesn't make a ton of sense but maybe the only way they felt to keep people from getting into there while paving is going on ? But then why close the CCC road on weekends ? Are they really calling teh CCC a road ?

This means you can still drvie to MF campground on weekends, so you can still hit MF trail and Dingford and Otter Falls on weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by trees4me View Post
    My take on the announcement is that you will NOT be allowed to ride in on the CCC trail. It's ambiguously worded, but I think they may be posting the CCC trailhead as closed for 7/28-9/26.

"Trailhead to Middle Fork Campground
    Road Closed : 7 Day a Week Closure - July 28, 2014 to September 26, 2014"

Can anyone confirm this?

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I think I understand what they mean, but I emailed the project manager. I'll post a confirmed response on what access will be allowed.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Preston View Post
    So based on this interpretation the CCC road will be closed for hiking/bicycle access.
    I think they mean that the MF road will be closed where the CCC Rd/Trailhead hits the MF road. This is a point 3.5 miles from the MF parking lot.

I don't think the CCC Rd/Trail will be closed. Especially if you are entering from North Bend.

Of course, to get to the CCC Extension Trail you usually have to ride that MF road for 150 feet to the extension trailhead. And then from the end you would have to be able to cross the rd to the MF parkinglot/trailhead....

What exactly is a road closure? Does that mean hikers can't walk along the road to enter the area? If hikers, why not bikers? Does road closure essentially mean "No Trespassing?"

Since they are going to close access to this area for much of the season, why can't they open it NOW to mt biking?

Last word is all yours...
    Quote Originally Posted by freakybro View Post
    Based on this news, I wanted to refresh on when middle fork trail is open etc, but the link to the trail page on EMBA.org is missing. Odd numbers days starting May 1 is what I remember. Can anyone confirm? Thanks. Gotta get it while I can this year.
    Trail:Middle Fork Snoqualmie River - Evergreen Trail Guide
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Here's the response I got from the project manager, confirming the ccc trail will be open. So summer weekends we'd have to start there.

"The Middle Fork Road will be closed at the CCC trail head.* Looking at the plans it looks like closure will be just beyond the parking lot at the trailhead.* We will not be closing the trail so it would be useable as long as you can get to it."

mtbr member

Re: Snoq Middle Fork Rd Construction

If I read that correctly that is the small parking area 3 miles shy of the mf trailhead where the CCC trail (the awesome 3 mile trail that connects ccc "road" with the Middlefork TH). If this is true it suggests no cars to dingford lot or beyond which seems implausible for hot springs or miner inholders so I must be wrong somewhere in this thought process.

Thanks for followup. All feel free to weigh in and let's ensure we confirm my "reading" is even close to factual. Seems like mon-sun in late July/early Aug. pedal power may be Edward Abbey fashionable.

Of course Jack was spot on with suggested negotiations asking can we ride before June 1 in this transition year or two.

Finally someone is working on the evergreen site. My ancient ways have been public for a good long while so looking forward to the next thing.

Shot of jen in grass above Columbia river the afternoon of 9/11/2001. In camp ground about 8:30am"two jets have flown into the..."

http://evergreenmtb.org/img/upload/img92175.jpg
    Last edited by paleo; 04-07-2014 at 11:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo View Post
    Of course Jack was spot on with suggested negotiations asking can we ride before June 1 in this transition year or two.
    May in the Middle Forks seems like it would be a bit wet. Does this closure mean no trail work, trees cleared, or brushing for 2014?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast