mtbr member
    May 2014

Skykomish Riders?

I just moved to Index (between Monroe and Steven's Pass on HWY 2), and am looking for people to ride with. Not a lot of trails near by, but plenty of options to build. Hit me up via TXT 970 seven zero eight 1575 as cell service here in Index is marginal.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Reiter is right there, you should hit that up as well as Wallace Falls up to the lake.
    Some trails at the end of the Mann Road off the Ben Howard as well.

NWS
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I'm told that Stevens Pass is hoping to have bike trails open before the end of June.
    You'll want lots of suspension travel and good brakes but if you have both, it's fun.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Thanks for the reply. I'll be up at Steven's a bunch once it opens im sure, but in the mean time... The only legal trail I've found at Wallace Falls is more road than trail - I think they closed the single track to bikes pretty recently. Borneo - maybe you know of some trail I havent found yet?

Ive poked around Reiter a bit - looks like DNR shut down all the singletrack up there years ago. There is some graveled dirtbike trail up there the DNR is building, but you can ride it all in about 15min after the 30min ride up the road.

I havent ridden any thing off of Mann Rd or Ben Howard, you have any beta?

Thanks again for the replies and hit me up if you guys are in the area and want to ride.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, the Greg Ball trail got shut down to bikes after it was completed though it was open prior. (I am sure Greg would have been sad to see that...) There is some trail around the lake and if you know where to look a crossing above the falls when the river is low enough which drops into May Creek/Reiter.

Never ridden the Mann Road stuff though if you search enough you can find a horsey map of it. Just takes off from the gate at the end of the road.

TrinityRiverKerplunk
    I hit Captain Point and Valhalla Ridge up for riding when the snow is gone. Haven't been to Reiter in ages since the meth heads took over the area, am looking forward to seeing whats ew with all the work going on.
    Good friction shifting is getting hard to find nowadays....