mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Skookum/White River Conditions

Both trails are in good shape with minimal blowdowns and no snow. Roots are slippery and humbling - a water hazard or two but no big floods from the recent rains. This trail gets wet but never muddy - no fenders needed.

Skookum has ONE tree down.
    White River has 5 or so.

Downed tree pictures and descriptions are here just for Len
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1040881.../130409Skookum

Jackd

I didn't do it
    Thanks for the update, I was wondering what the snow situation was over there. It looks like you've been getting out a lot lately.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Great info., thank you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    Great info., thank you.
    Went back today and did the entire White River Trail (up to Corral Pass Rd). Surprisingly, no snow at all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    A couple of us also did Skookum and White River, plus a few of the other lower trails. Started at 11:00, got back at 3:00 just as the rain started. Spectacular conditions up there. Was that you we saw on Skookum near Buck Creek?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    A couple of us also did Skookum and White River, plus a few of the other lower trails. Started at 11:00, got back at 3:00 just as the rain started. Spectacular conditions up there. Was that you we saw on Skookum near Buck Creek?
    yep, next time let's stop and introduce ourselves

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Planning to play some hooky this week and ride Skookum at some point... any snow fall this weekend?

mtbr member

Re: Skookum/White River Conditions

Art's "draw knife boys" used up a full weekend putting beautiful rails on his deep creek bridge Saturday. Also the lower trails are clear at the moment (thanks Peter!) so keep bringing your 13-18" handsaws in your pack and you may get to help the next group should something up to 12" fall "soon".

Any info on Ranger Creek trees down and snow levels would be appreciated as I'll be pedaling with at least one colleague oh so slowly up Ranger next weekend.

The game I'm always playing is how many and about how big in diameter(wheels are 26 or 29 in diameter so use the bike to estimate) and about how far up. I keep hoping for a GPS map with tree locations and size...

So reminder. we have a whole bunch of USFS certified sawyers on the books now so expect opportunities on the calendar to help us if you don't mind our armored truck pace. The tree data is just as appreciated.