Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dromond View Post
    Good day of building today. It was perfect weather for it and strangely it didn't rain much at all.

Great pics dromond, and nice work on the trail! Mind if I use these photos on Evergreen's site and Facebook page and whatnot?
    Thanks!
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by EvergreenStacy View Post
    Great pics dromond, and nice work on the trail! Mind if I use these photos on Evergreen's site and Facebook page and whatnot?
    Thanks!
    Please do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dromond View Post
    Please do.
    Thanks so much!

mtbr member
    I want to know when the bridge is going to be heli lifted in. That should be pretty cool to see.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'll bet it's on a weekday and they wont want any bystanders.
    There's a big difference between ripping and skidding. Those who skid don't know how to ride.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    This weeks WP we'll be trying to get a big water crossing beefed up (so the trail doesnt wash away) and do some more bench work on the trail after the water crossing. so you'll be able to take your pick between trend work or rock work!

We are moving rock in to the work site with a toter the rest of this week so will be rolling stones in to place. Shouldn't have to move them to far!!

This might be the last tiger work party tell Dec. Hope you can make it out, weather looks okay!
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Edit: Tyler or Stacy, is the WP Sat or Sun?
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

builder
    Feb 2009
    I'm going to be over on Saturday to take advantage of the good weather and get some machine time. I think Tyler has Sunday on the Evergreen calendar as the work party, but that might be on a different part of the Swamp.

I5Troll
    Tyler is at tiger right now, so relaying the Squatch schedule for the next 3 days:

Friday: no WP, but Tyler, a few folks from DNR and I will be working 2 excavators and toter-ing rock. Contact one of us if you want to join us.

Sat: same, but dirt_pirate will take my place... thanks, Matt!

Sun: Tyler is leading the work party, meet at East Side Rd gate by 9, Evergreen MTB Calendar

Roar!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Len getting dogs deep in more big timber.

[/IMG]
    Last edited by mtbty; 11-15-2012 at 07:04 PM.

I5Troll

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Len, you are THE MAN with a chainsaw. Thanks for all your hard work!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Update

So it's the Seattle wet season. I've tracked over 25" of rain up at Tiger last month, but things are still moving forward very well. As of right now there is over half a mile over new cut trail that is around 80% done that needs some final trend work and armoring!

Next is working the 1 mile section up to the next bridge. This section is pretty straightforward and leads to what will be a 1 mile 400 foot decent to the Northwest Timber Trail!

This is one of three minis we have working at Tiger right now. It's the biggest one.

Even tho the big cat is 5'6" wide I wont let it stop me from building a 24"-36" wide trail

Both these pictures are built by the big cat.

I hope to see some of you out there. The more we get done this winter/ spring the sooner the trail will be open to ride next season.

I5Troll
    Schweeeet pics! Thanks, T.

Everybody... big Work Party on Silent Swamp this Saturday. Sponsored by a new MTB Clothing company called Kitsbow. Lunch, t-shirts and a prize raffle. Join us if you can. Evergreen MTB Calendar. 4 peeps already signed up. Staff from DNR and Evergreen will be there. Including our latest addition to the Squatch team: Bryan Connolly. Hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Epic trail building day. Anyone have a good time seeing the first part of SS get done this weekend?

builder
    Feb 2009
    An epic day it was....snow, rain, fog and the elite of mountain biking....trailbuilders. The support from Kitsbow was awesome, you gotta love and support a company that is dedicated to not only the sport, but to the people who build the foundation of the sport.
    Some photos of those people and their work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Silent Swamp Squatch-2012-12-09_2703.jpg  

Silent Swamp Squatch-2012-12-09_2708.jpg  

Silent Swamp Squatch-2012-12-09_2709.jpg  

I5Troll
    What an awesome day! Zach from Kitsbow, Evergreen staff, DNR staff and ~20 most awesome volunteers! Huge thanks everybody! The beginning of Silent Swamp is looking schweeeter every day. Oh... and a special mention... Matt drove all the way from the dry side! Mega-thanks, Matt!
    Last edited by mwestra2; 12-09-2012 at 10:06 AM.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Super exciting! Great work party.

Zach & the dream van. The Kitsbow stuff looked awesome...and how cool is their promotional approach: trailbuilding!

IMG_4817

This was a gnarly off-camber root garden,
    IMG_4820

by end of day it was buff mineral over lots of rock:
    IMG_4830

Tons of Water coming through this section. Brian Connelly was the man with the plan- serious trail engineering
    IMG_4826

IMG_4828

Sam workin' hard
    IMG_4829

I heart toters
    IMG_4852

Thanks for the lunch Zach!
    IMG_4836

Yebo Numzaan
    Thats the PNW right there.... folks out in the mud and rain building trail. Awesome. I love this place.
    I support EMBA

I5Troll
    A quick company intro video from Kitsbow (some great trail scenery) and a few more work party shots from Zach...

An Introduction to Kitsbow from Kitsbow on Vimeo.

Lunch scene:

Rock work:

Full bench:

Quick intro to the staff crew leaders...

Sam from DNR:

Tyler from Evergreen:

Huge welcome to Bryan:

ride your bike
    Ah, the PacNW forest. I can see the trees, the greenery, the ancient ferns. I can smell the moist soil and decomposing forest floor.

I can hear "18 Dummy" and "I fink U freeky" over the sound of popping bottle caps.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee View Post
    Ah, the PacNW forest. I can see the trees, the greenery, the ancient ferns. I can smell the moist soil and decomposing forest floor.

I can hear "18 Dummy" and "I fink U freeky" over the sound of popping bottle caps.
    I have no idea what you're talking about.

I5Troll

Pics from this week's work

Sharing some of Bryan's pics of this week's work on the Schwamp (Re-posting in the right thread)...

Bryan has been working with the 1-ton tiny excavator on the northern section and Tyler with the 3-ton on the southern section. The 1-ton being so much more maneuverable, it's easier to leave the roots and make it more natural.

Even some views...

The following map shows the plan. Like Preston, much of the Silent Swamp trail was built in a straight line on an old road bed. The re-route will involve turning that into a curvy singletrack with long grade reversals. The bulk of the work will be done with the 3-ton and then finished up with the 1-ton machine and work parties.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Tiger, ya that's still going, don't think that saying will stop for a few years and we are working full force on The Squatch thru the winter! Come check it out on Monday to see whats been going on. Washington Wild will be there Monday to help out. Over a dozen people coming out to enjoy this nice high pressure weather.

Evergreen MTB Calendar

Also a huge lengthen of trail will need lots of hands during Feb to get the trail done to the half way! This summer will end the gravel road ride between Preston and NWT Trail, add 2.5 miles of trail to tiger, and a 450 decent in to NWT Trail! How good does that sound?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Hey Mr. Lynch when are we doing another big Tiger work party with you and all those rad people you round up?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast