Thread: Seattle Trails

mtbr member
    Mar 2008

Seattle Trails

I'm planning to take a visit to Seattle (from Boise) in February or March if possible. Are the trails in the area rideable during this time of year? Any place I should stop on the way to or back from Seattle to ride?

mtbr member
    We ride year round out here, just bring a rain jacket. check the Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance website for a list of winter riding trails.
    Tarekith.com

'12 RM Slayer70, i9 Torch, Flow EX, XT Brakes, 5050 s3.

mtbr member
    A few minutes off of 84 in Echo, OR (near Hermiston) there are miles and miles of buff singletrack. They host a big race there at the beginning of March. (Echo Red to Red). The trails are great for XC riding and putting miles down. Big squish isn't necessary.

Here in Yakima we have nice and dry trails right now, although I can't predict what they'll be in a month. Good chance they'll be either snowed out or dried out or somewhere in between. Send me a pm when its getting close if your interested and I can give some intel.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Probably snowed in but it can't hurt to look. I did a trip last summer to the blue mountains and surrounds and though North Fork Yakima and Umatilla Rim are under snow now, they are a couple of the best trails I've ever ridden. Check with Whit at the Mountain Works in La Grande for the scoop. Fun short (8 miles?) Xterra loop outside of town as well as the MERA area to the north side. Fun Super D run down to Phillips Lake outside of Baker City as well. Those may be snow free looking at this winter so far.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Plenty of low country riding to be had around Seattle at places like Duthie, Tokul, Henry's Ridge, Summit Ridge, Lake Sawyer, and more.

You can check our trail wiki for loads of trail info Evergreen Trail Guide

And also our event calendar for rides (which you are welcome to join.) Evergreen MTB Calendar
    Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance
    sustainable trails. rider powered.