Thread: RR-Plain

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

RR-Plain

The adventure continues. I'll call this stuff the Chumstick ridgelines. Route: crossed the RR bridge at Plain, picked up camp 12 road, down to the Chumstick, and then up an old ST that headed back up into the hills. Turned into an old FSR. As I continued up getting to the first ridgeline, I hit a ridgeline ST. Off I go heading East and I see some blue diamonds up. Some kinda route. Ridgeline ride like Mt Muller, uphill both ways. Since is is an old moto route probably, some of the grades are tough push up, and crazy down since the follow the ridge well and curve a lot. I continue for some time on this one till I come to a big down that I decided not to push back up this visit. Wa very close to the top of Freund at this point, no snow problems. Return route. Back to pick up point and off the other way. More great stuff. Conditions were good with minor blowdown. Removed what I could by hand being a pay to play kinda rider. You will come to intersections that will head you back toward camp 12 rd. Other ways will continue out along ridges as far as you can see. 20 mile loop on return to RR bridge. Looking forward to next visit to see where some of these end up. Probably in Leavenworth or along Rt 2.
    Snow level over by Fish lake area was low. Will be a while before Chiwawa, Chikimin, Minnow are rideable.

meh....
    Quote Originally Posted by no nancies
    The adventure continues....
    Nice. Ridgeline stuff is cool. No pics?
    Last edited by Monte; 04-24-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0