Slothful dirt hippie

Roslyn/Cle Elum conditions spring 2012

Still some snow I can see on the ridge but it's actually WARM out there! Decided to take the old bike out down towards the Cle Elum river/Suncadia today for the inaugural lunch hour ride of the 2012 season, and it got a little old skool... Borneo, where's mah flow?

Now we got too much flow. Yup, I'm looking down the roadbed I've got to get through to make a loop.

By the time I'd waded through the brush and mud and more snow I couldn't shift into my biggest platter in back without the chain ending up in the spokes. I was able to grunt up in the next gear over and head back for the office on Nelson Dairy road- scaring a herd of elk near the old barns in the process- and had enough time to hose off the bike and my shoes before going back to the grind.

I'll keep reporting what I find as things start opening up.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Hey verslo, how's the melt goin over there? Do you think 29 Pines is melted and dry? Thinking of changing Whidbey Island plans to possibly head over and enjoy 70deg weather.
    Thanks

Slothful dirt hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by Eerie View Post
    Hey verslo, how's the melt goin over there? Do you think 29 Pines is melted and dry? Thinking of changing Whidbey Island plans to possibly head over and enjoy 70deg weather.
    Thanks
    29 pines is probably iffy for snow. For reference, here's the Taneum on Saturday. Note that one of these FS ranger had a tick wandering on her hair. !!!

Things are melting out fast but depending on aspect/shade there's a lot of extended snow especially above 3,000'.

But if it's gonna be 70F, I might not care if I was pushing my bike.... sucks that I gotta work Saturday.

Slothful dirt hippie
    Rode in the Teanaway yesterday. Still snow piles in low, heavily treed, shaded areas, and obviously some mud around said melting piles, but the rest of it was rolling amazingly well.

View off BST

Looking back on BST

Frog Pond

View from "Sunday Rock" above Frog Pond

mtbr member
    Think the snow will be gone before the pre-weekend cleanup?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Maybe!

Slothful dirt hippie
    Depends on the weather between then and now, but I'd say probably.