mtbr member
    Jan 2006

riding around the lair of the beast...

So, it is looking like I will need to spend more time up around the lair of the beast (in computer terms, that is Redmond).

I know about Colonnade Bike Park, but is there actually any decent fat tiring within 15-30min or either Seattle or, heaven forbid, Redmond?

If things pan out as expected, wondering if I should push for dragging my CX bike with me on a regular basis or something with fatter tires.

Thoughts?

Note - I primarily reside in Santa Cruz, CA and have ridden both Oregon dirt (Bend, Hood River) as well as Whistler. Primarily XC riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Duthie, Tokul, Tiger, Soaring Eagle, Grand Ridge, Tolt, Paradise Valley and more I'm sure I'm missing, all within about 30 minutes of Redmond. Lots of XC trail and minor AM level stuff. Do you mean fat tires, or FAT tires, as in Surly, et al. kind of bikes? CX stuff abounds too; lots of logging roads and relatively buff trails like the Thrilla Loop and Snoqualmie Valley Trail and Iron Horse Trail.

Most of these places are on the Evergreen Trail wiki that you can find at Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club or ask questions here.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

EMBA Member
    If you like XC Paradise will definitely work your skills. I think the last time I went out there my max speed was about 8 miles an hour. Lots of cool roots. And don't forget Henry's Ridge or Lake Sawyer. But check out the EMBA, lots of stuff to do there. Have fun getting used to the mud . Slim