mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Rider from Costa Rica , posible move to Seattle, advice please.

Seems to be Im moving to Seattle, looking for a nice area to live not farther away than 1 hr drive to the city.

Priority for my place to live.

Close to some Mt bike trails, close to a small airport (I will park my plane there).

One guy recommended Snohomish, any good trails in that area?
    Last edited by motoadve; 05-17-2014 at 04:23 AM.

mtbr member
    The only one I can think of close to biking and an airport is Renton. Depends greatly on how far from the airport and how much you can afford. Issaquah/Snoqualmie have the most trails but is pricey and 20-30 minutes from an airport. Renton is further from trails but not bad especially if you are NE near Issaquah. Maple Valley has many trail options but that much further from an airport.

mtbr member
    Im up the hill from the Renton airport and Tiger, Taylor, Black Diamond and Duthie are all 20 minutes away, plus there are a few local trails that are fun to ride.

If you stay on the Eastside south of I-90 you will have easy access to the airport and trails. Auburn has an Airport too but not as many riding options. You are closer to the 410 trails though!
    2013 Stumpy Evo
    2014 Fatboy

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Thanks a lot guys this is good info for me.
    Will look into those places.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    While doing trail work today on Crazy Ivan at Tokul we watched a small plane do a touch and go at the little airport in Fall City I didn't even know there was an air field there, but my friends confirmed that there was one. That would be an ideal place to be near both a tiny airport and great trails.
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Would you be so kind and point me to a few CR single trails?

Will be there for bout 3 w in jan15, mostly surfin, would be great to hit a few trails.
    Any good rental options?
    ...dont have plan made yet, so any info would be super useful.

Thx,

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    There used to be NO single track in CR, and I hated that, people used and most still do ride only fireroads.
    I started building single tracks 10 years ago, now there are like 5 Mt bike parks.
    One in Jaco beach, which is great , the name Trillos Colorada , another East of San Jose, La Angelina Mtbike park, 2 are west of San Jose (no name yet , they are new)

Bikes for rent , there are none officially but when you are getting closer to the date let me know and I can hook you up.

https://www.facebook.com/TrillosColorada

https://www.facebook.com/LaAngelinaMTB

https://www.facebook.com/RioPerdido

Any further questions please let me know and I will be happy to help.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Motoadve, thanks for a great answer and your will to help.
    Will look it trough and we ll def have some more questions.
    Br, m

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    We might move to Redmond , how far are the trails from there?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Trails all around Redmond... Snohomish would be great. Lord Hill is right there as well as Paradise Valley up the hill to the South, Mill Creek and east and south towards Bothell still isn't too bad and within the hour to Seattle. St. Edwards could be the on the way home ride or perhaps Japanese Gulch. The Evergreen trail wiki here Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Washington's Largest Mountain Bike Club will help with trail locations. Fall City as Juice noted as well but I believe the airfield above the golf course is private for those that live around it. Worth looking in to however. Monroe also has an airfield as does Auburn on the south end. No airstrip in the Redmond/Bellevue/Issaquah anymore. It's businesses and homes now...

I didn't do it
    How close does the airport need to be to the house? If distance isn't too critical then it will open up your options.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    20-30 min in every direction. Nothing significant in town except Willows but mileage is limited. Tolt and St. Eds are closest, then Duthie/Grand Ridge and Soaring Eagle. Paradise to the North. Then Tokul and Tiger further out. Check out the Evergreenmtb.org trail Wiki map.

Redmond has significant paved path mileage and a velodrome. It is the "Bicycle capital of the Northwest!" It was declared that (by the King?) before the invention of the Mountain Bike.