Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Last word is all yours...

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Reminder: CDC Enduro at Tiger Mountain TOMORROW - Sat 9/28

Unless you're signed up to race, you probably want to avoid Tiger tomorrow. Don't quote me on this, but the lot will probably be full of race participants and most of the trails will probably be closed to non-racers.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    I think it's going to rain tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Is Tiger happening rain or shine?

Just roll it......
    Considering they've got 200+ riders who have paid to race, I'll go out on a limb and say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by wipp View Post

i'm schralping yer thread
    Jan 2004
    Rain is So Enduro, bro! Do you have The Spirit?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got my start time so I am now Enduro. Now if I only had some bright blue shorts and a fluorescent green bike...

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I got my start time so I am now Enduro. Now if I only had some bright blue shorts and a fluorescent green bike...
    Make sure you wear plenty of Lycra. I hear it's the best for rain and Enduro.
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    Wow, it's going to be a classic northwet experience of epic proportions tomorrow. It wouldn't be Tiger if it wasn't wet, now would it? I'll be running a timing station tomorrow. Wave as you rip past!
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Everything is set and ready to go. Lucky racers get to try out a section of the new Silent Swamp Trail. This section will be a wild ride. After the race it gets closed until the trail is completed, which will be soon if folks come out and help us finish the job. Good luck racers, and , oh ya, prepare for rain

Last word is all yours...
    Rain shmain. It's the parking I'm worried about.
    --
    -bp

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You know you like it.

mtbr member
    Riders will get a quick lesson today on why Tiger is closed in the winter.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimba View Post
    Riders will get a quick lesson today on why Tiger is closed in the winter.
    Indeed. Cliff Mass's blog shows the weekend forecast of rainfall hitting 5-10" on Tiger Mt. The little red blotch to south of I90 (and goes NE into Snoqualmie/North Bend) looks kinda damp this weekend.

Reminder: CDC Enduro at Tiger Mountain TOMORROW - Sat 9/28-ww_pcp72.72.0000.gif
    2013 Ibis Ripley
    2012 Ibis Mojo SL-R
    2009 C'dale Rize 3

mtbr member
    It rained HARD all day, but the race was still fun!
    Stage 1 - We Kayaked down the Preston RIVER trail
    Stage 2 - Mud run thru Sloppy Swamp.
    Stage 3 - A 3 minute blast down the last part of Iverson

The rider limit was 225 and it looks like only 165 or so showed up according to the Webscorer Overall times.
    2013 Stumpy Evo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That was epically wet. Silent swampmares tonight, otherwise a great day!

mtbr member
    It was such a blast, so much fun. The rain made it even better imo. Except the first part of S2, which was too much mud to ride (new trail, finished in the final prep before the race). Only bad thing was I couldn't see too well, which I don't like. I really need to do the fender thing.

Can't wait for the next one up in B'Ham, maybe it will snow on us?
    Regional Race Manager, Knolly Bikes
    Washington State, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa
    ~~~KNOLLY KNATION RACING~~~

mtbr member
    Fun race. Silent swamp and off the grid are guaranteed to be a lot better in a year or so once everything sets up. That mud pit was built just a week ago. No surprise that we get 5+ inches of rain + 150 riders and it turns into a slop pit.

I should have tried wearing my goggles!

Timing was way better than 2012 and the beer garden at the end was better.

They bumped the entry fee by $35 ($40 entry in 2012) and allow more entries and we don't even get t-shirts? I hope they didn't spend that extra money on just the race plates and if they did they should reconsider priorities.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    The main mud run of stage two was built the day or two before the race for the most part. It will buff out fine with a little love.

That extra $35 dollars is money for the trails. Each race gave 3K-5K back to the area that the race was at. So they don't need to reconsider priorities, cuz there right where they should be, more money for the trails.
    Epic trails get built in the Northwest by epic people!

Sustainable quality trails please.

Dream Design Dig Repeat
    This is one of the only race series that I know of where money actually goes back to the trails and the groups that actually build the trails. The race will help get Silent Swamp and Off the Grid finished. How cool is that!
    Issaquah & Seattle real estate agent. Buy or sell a home with me and I donate $500 to Evergreen MTB Alliance
    jvpRE.com

mtbr member
    Just to support what Tyler wrote...the creation of the Cascadia Dirt Cup did add a corporate feel to the race. They brought on some big time sponsors (DiamondBack, Shimano, etc). This in turn did lead to a bigger fee. OTOH, one expense was the timing. Last year we did it for free. Hence, it was a little more professional (still done with webscorer). All the proceeds for the CDC races go back to the local mtb/trail group. For the Tiger race, that means several thousand dollars to go straight to finishing Silent Swamp...building these trails isn't free. We will build on this race and nextnyear we'll have 2 more trails to use...hopefully, no enduro-cyclocross stages.

mtbr member
    Its good to hear the money to back into the trails! I was a little disappointed not to get a shirt, but then again I have a drawer full of t-shirts already!

I think Stage 1 (Summit -Preston) was a perfect example of how taking the time to build sustainable trails really makes a difference. The Summit section was in great shape. No real puddles, minimal mud and it was fast, smooth and grippy. Then you get down to Preston and the switchbacks were a river the entire way down. It just shows that the extra work and planning done by Tyler, Mike and all the guys really is worth it! If Silent Swamp and OTG drain as well as the summit trail, they will be sweet to ride in all conditions!
    2013 Stumpy Evo

mtbr member
    May 2006
    keeps checking thread for pics..... all the photogs still drying out the rigs or what?

mtbr member
    how many photogs where there? I only remember the one on Iverson.
    2013 Stumpy Evo

mtbr member
    I think the Pink Ribbon video/camera guy was shut down by the weather.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I talked to the Kraft Photo guy hanging out on Iverson for awhile - he just shows up for free at all sorts of bike races and sits in the woods all day taking pictures ! He says the sales pretty much just pay for his gas and lunch, he just does it for fun and he likes taking photos and hanging out in the woods. Pretty cool. I enjoyed hanging out with him heckling the racers but got bored after an hour or so not to mention totally soaked for the 2nd time that day. But, pretty cool he comes out and does that, I think I will buy some extra photos of myself just to support him, and also because photos of myself are TOTALLY RAD of course

You know i've ridden Iverson 50 times ? 100 times ? over the last 20 years and when I walked up the course to watch the racers I was looking around at the trees and streams and the trail and I was thinking "wow, this is really beautiful in here" ha ha. Neer quite drank it in before - maybe it was the rain, I always did love a rain soaked northwest forest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast