mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Ravensdale retreat trails

Took my cyclocross bike out exploring while my son was at soccer practice and ran across these trails. How many miles total is there, who maintains them as I never raan across blow down, what is the opprotunity for more trails?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I live near ravensdale retreat but have never been out there. I suspect that the trails are maintained by equestrians in the area, but don't know for sure. Ravensdale retreat is relatively small but next door is Henry's Ridge and the Black Diamond Natural area, these are maintained by the Black Diamond Trail Coalition, a group of mountain bikers/trail gnomes.

I'll have to wander out to RR and get these on the map.

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplace...&z=14&lci=bike

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    If you found the trails near the soccer fields you probably found the "Gracie Hansen" trails. Those are on King County land. I have ridden them before but they are mostly used by equestrians. I did not find them all that fun. Currently I am not aware of any desire to build more trails there since we have tons of other trail close by that Cycling Engineer posted.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Out of curosity, I rode the trails yesterday. The first half mile or so near the soccer fields is outstandingly easy single track. Smooth trail, no roots or rocks or anything like that. Great for beginners. It quickly degrades into much more narrow singletrack and the trails almost disappear at points. As Summit Ridge Guy said, nothing exciting for mountain bikers.

Several of the trails lead directly to folks home's and their horse pasture, so it'd be reasonable to say that the trails are probably maintained by those owners.