mtbr member
    Apr 2012

Rat pac in cle elum?

Anyone ridden there recently? Most importantly any snow there yet?
    Thanks
    J

I5Troll
    Curious as well. Managed a lap of Bootcamp, MovinOn and StepItUp last weekend without too much pain. I think I could handle a slow no-air RatPac if it's still snow-free.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Quote Originally Posted by mwestra2 View Post
    Managed a lap of Bootcamp, MovinOn and StepItUp last weekend without too much pain. .
    Nice Mike! Glad to hear it.

Slothful dirt hippie
    I'm trying to get warmonkey to weigh in on this. I brought a bike to work today for the first time in a couple weeks, and am trying to figure out if I'm going to have to stay on roads or if I can actually ride singletrack without becoming an unholy mudded up HAB misery.

The good news: with all the rain we've had and mild temps, the burned out hill behind my house is sprouting a TON of green grass. Hoping that this late growing season results in more feed for wildlife before winter sets in.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

Slothful dirt hippie
    OK, warmonkey got back to my txt saying that a lot of the sec 17 area above Roslyn is probably still rolling OK, with the notable exception of the race course climb that always suffers from poor drainage/springs. Also said the downhill there is OK with a few slippy spots, so probably not time to go for a PR.

He figured RP was starting to get too slimy to be fun. But if you try it, please post up your experience.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Awesome thanks for the response. We took your advise and we went to Galbraith instead. Slimy there and quite empty. Also, quite awesome...

Slothful dirt hippie

That's probably it folks

FYI I got skis out today and found enough snow up by Salmon-la-Sac to not hit rocks. This stuff will melt down lower, but it's starting to build up high, and within the next few weeks we could be looking at our base for down in town.

So.... I've taken off the fork mounts on my pickup truck for the season, loaded in the hound box for some extra weight (and hopefully taking a dog or two along random days this winter), and my ride time for a few months will be on rollers.

This season started out great, and then from mid August pretty well blew chunks between all the forest fires/smoke we were dealing with. We're eternally thankful that our house made it (BARELY!). But such events have a way of cramping yer style.

Here's to ski season 2012-2013, and MTB season 2013. Hopefully next year will feature much less disaster and much more bikepacking.