Just roll it......

Quick Galby update

Hi all,

Quick update on Galbraith.

Loggers are currently harvesting on the southside of the hill near Meth lab. Meth Lab is still open, but you have to ride across an access road they're using across the pipeline. I'd probably avoid it during the days.

Trail updates:

Last weekend, Kona sponsored the XC/AM crew rebuilt the exit of Whoopsie Woodle. It has some smart and well built re-routes and everything is down to gold and running great. There are two trees on the trail (one up top and one above the new work zone). Those will get taken care of this week.

Also last week, Dave Waugh, Russ Lambert and crew got Mas Pollo re-opened up and a new exit to El Pollo Elastico....with a killer rock roll option.

Yesterday, Earl's Bike Shop and Diehl Ford sponsored the FR day. We took the divide and conquer approach. I'm glad to say that PT, The Sh!t to Eagle Scout and A Dog have all been cleared and are all rideable again. The Sh!t and Eagle Scout will get more dirt work in the coming weeks, but they are cleared.

Head's up:
    there are a few new optional features on lower A Dog, so check them out before you hit them. Also, if you ride PT, the woodwork at the exit is EXTREMELY slick, so I'd avoid it until we can get something on the wood to help it grip better.

Sounds like Kaiser will be the next big project for the XC crew.

You can get more info. at the whimps site..

Cheers,
    EB

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ebxtreme View Post

Loggers are currently harvesting on the southside of the hill near Meth lab. Meth Lab is still open, but you have to ride across an access road they're using across the pipeline. I'd probably avoid it during the days.
    haha just love this...

Anyways nice to hear, i'm always impressed at the amount of energy and community involvement you guys have up there. And i can't wait to have enough time to get up there and ride and check out all the goods.
    .~...|\
    ...~.|.\
    ..~..|..\
    .~...|...\
    ~....|....\
    ...~.|.....\
    ....~|____\
    _____||_________
    .\....FAILBOAT..../

Just roll it......
    Tim, I think you'll be stoked. Trails like Keystone, Whoodle, Bunny, Kaya, Rock n Roll, Mullet, A Dog all have been upgraded during the re-build process.

Upper A Dog, Middle and Upper Pigs, Cheech and Chongs, Safety Break will be harvested during this next month. We've already flagged the hell out of them so the loggers can help minimize impact during harvest.