mtbr member
    May 2004

Quattro de Watto

Had a great ride yet again out in Watt Canyon across from Thorp today. Despite snow earlier this week, trails are drying out fast. Dusty in places already. The new ridge trail is getting even better. Hoping for more of that in our future out there. Got to show a whole bunch of new folks like ACREE and McCracken to the area and all were pleased. Even ran into some trying out for the first. I hear there is a race planned there now so hopefully it's a good course and those racing get a good feel for what is just over the pass from the wet side. (Pictures forthcoming...) Thanks to Verslo as always for tipping us off to this gem...

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Quattro de Watto

Great ride, fun trails, loads of flowers right now. Looking forward to exploring more of that area. I even got a bit sunburned.
    Great to meet everyone too!

Cheers,
    Mike

mtbr member
    May 2004

mtbr member
    May 2004
    And, the June 15th race info...

Watt Canyon | Vicious Cycle

Slothful dirt hippie
    My tank was pretty low for whatever reason yesterday, but still great to get back out there!

Husby's already got a couple more places he wants to explore. I still don't think we're going to find any single track up higher, but he's wanting to see how to loop up Tamarack springs etc. up on top with the dirt roads. Also talking about hiking from Taneum up a possible route to the lower bench of JW today, which wouldn't be a bad choice since it's so hot out.
    "...Some local fiend had built it with his own three hands..."

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks again for leading the charge on this ride. Had a great time.

I should be out riding
    Sep 2004
    Watt canyon was a pleasant surprise, got to give Bob and verslowrdr credit for this find. Lots of potential there. Could be a great place for the rainy May's we normally have. Good group to ride with too, and nice to meet some of the mtbr folks on here in person.